Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I got rejected by Oxford University despite having all the essential stuff and I'm feeling a bit down about it.

So I'm wondering, have any of you experienced being rejected by Oxford? If So, did you get much feedback or did you figure out why you won't accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Partyrings)
    Hi guys! I got rejected by Oxford University despite having all the essential stuff and I'm feeling a bit down about it.

So I'm wondering, have any of you experienced being rejected by Oxford? If So, did you get much feedback or did you figure out why you won't accepted?
    Well, that's a shame. But hey, surely you've applied for other universities. Therefore, at least you still have a chance at uni (since you have all the essential stuff).

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kushala Daora)
    Well, that's a shame. But hey, surely you've applied for other universities. Therefore, at least you still have a chance at uni (since you have all the essential stuff).

Good luck!
    Sadly I only applied for Oxford uni but I guess I'll be applying elsewhere soon. Thank you though 😁

ReputationRep:
    I did for history... my college randomly sent my school feedback even though I did not ask for it. They said they wanted to see more of my extra reading which I tried really hard to do! I also got 63 on the HAT and they usually accept people with 65. Oh well I guess I am glad in a way that I got rejected because I don't think Oxford would have done my mental health any favours, also I love my second choice UCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _HS)
    I did for history... my college randomly sent my school feedback even though I did not ask for it. They said they wanted to see more of my extra reading which I tried really hard to do! I also got 63 on the HAT and they usually accept people with 65. Oh well I guess I am glad in a way that I got rejected because I don't think Oxford would have done my mental health any favours, also I love my second choice UCL!
    Wow that's crazy. Well done for staying positive. I'm definitey going to look at some courses on UCL!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.