The Student Room Group

Disrupted Studies!!!

Hello, does anyone know who I can contact in order to sort out a disrupted study thing?
I have already sent my UCAS off as my disruption happened only recently, my teachers aren’t helping much and there isn’t a lot online only from Sheffield Uni!?
I intend to apply to Kent and Essex so if anyone has information on how they work with this that will really help!
Thank you!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Catherine_Norq
Hello, does anyone know who I can contact in order to sort out a disrupted study thing?
I have already sent my UCAS off as my disruption happened only recently, my teachers aren’t helping much and there isn’t a lot online only from Sheffield Uni!?
I intend to apply to Kent and Essex so if anyone has information on how they work with this that will really help!
Thank you!

The admissions team at each university should be able to explain how and when to notify them about disruptions. They will normally only accept this from your referee or head teacher.
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine_Norq
Thank you!
Clearly Sheffield is highly organised, and has helpfully published their process. Other universities will have similar, but just haven't published them, and your best bet is to contact each of your choices directly and ask them what their process is. Some may have a form, and others may not. Whatever the process, it is likely to follow the same principles as Sheffield: it would need to be made clear if the issues have arisen since you applied, your referee will need to confirm your story, and you are likely to need to provide evidence in support. At the end of this process, all that can happen is that the uni concerned may make you a reduced offer, or cut you some slack if you miss a standard offer come Results Day.

In cases where the disruption occurs 'at the time of assessment' your school can apply for special consideration when it comes to marking your exams - but this isn't worth very much - see this thread and this article for more information about the process and how it works. This process is not designed to deal with issues arising before the exams, or that have been going on for some time.

You should note also that 'special consideration' and 'disrupted studies' cannot be used at the same time; it's one or the other. For my money, there is probably more flexibility attached to 'disrupted studies', but it depends entirely on the circumstances.
Thanks ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending