Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I’ve got a conditional offer from the University of Glasgow which I’d love to go to, so I’ll accept it and hope I do well in my exams this year.

However I now also have a definite offer for a HND in City of Glasgow College, sort of the same course and would have the opportunity for uni after 2 years. I went for this so it would be my backup if I did **** in exams this year and didn’t get into Glasgow Uni.

However as I won’t know my results until August, I won’t know if I’ll be going to Glasgow Uni or not until then.

If I do get in I’d then have to phone up the college and tell them I won’t be coming anymore. I know this is a massive **** move, because essentially they’d have an empty space on the course that someone else could’ve had.

So yeah, help?? I don’t know what to follow through with!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know it is messy but you have to do it. I agree with your plan. My suggestion is to go through with Glasgow Uni and hold on to the Glasgow College offer until August.

If the Glasgow uni offer confirms then u politely decline the College one. Dont make any quick decisions until you know the outcome of both places.

All the best.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.