Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I’ve got a conditional offer from the University of Glasgow which I’d love to go to, so I’ll accept it and hope I do well in my exams this year.

However I now also have a definite offer for a HND in City of Glasgow College, sort of the same course and would have the opportunity for uni after 2 years. I went for this so it would be my backup if I did **** in exams this year and didn’t get into Glasgow Uni.

However as I won’t know my results until August, I won’t know if I’ll be going to Glasgow Uni or not until then.

If I do get in I’d then have to phone up the college and tell them I won’t be coming anymore. I know this is a massive **** move, because essentially they’d have an empty space on the course that someone else could’ve had.

So yeah, help?? I don’t know what to follow through with!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know it is messy but you have to do it. I agree with your plan. My suggestion is to go through with Glasgow Uni and hold on to the Glasgow College offer until August.

If the Glasgow uni offer confirms then u politely decline the College one. Dont make any quick decisions until you know the outcome of both places.

All the best.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.