Information Technology/Cyber Security/Software Development Conversion Course Glasgow

Watch
shkennedy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm considering applying for one of the said conversion courses at Glasgow, however I do not feel I'm in a position to definitely decide which would be better. The course directors haven't got back to me so thought I'd go ahead and see if anyone here has completed or is doing any of the courses and can help me out.

1) Is it possible to take either of the courses and switch at some point during the first semester? Or if I was taking the broader MSc for Information Technology is it possible to keep options open for switching courses?

2) Am I likely to gain entry into any of these courses with just a MA (non-STEM) and no real industry experience or academic knowledge?

3) Would these courses allow for progression through to a PhD, with or without an intermediary MSc research course?

Oh and

4) How was your experience of the course itself? Did you have a problem getting a job after?

Bonus question 5) Do you think BCS accreditation matters? Two of the courses have it but IT Cyber Security does not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (107)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (112)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
9.59%
Isolating with family (46)
6.69%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (27)
3.92%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (59)
8.58%
Loneliness (71)
10.32%
Financial worries (27)
3.92%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (62)
9.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (65)
9.45%

Watched Threads