Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I am currently in my gap year and i have firmed a course at the university of Leeds and i have put a course a Lincoln university as a back up. My only condition for the course at least is passing a programme called the kickstart programme. I am currently applying for loans however i don't know if i should apply for a normal maintenance which is like up to 4000£ or there is a higher one up to 8000£ or you can select a specific amount. However I haven't applied for accommodation since i wanted to make sure i got accepted for loans first. Now i'm unsure of what to do. I know accommodation prices at Leeds can vary a bit. My only criteria for accommodation is en suite other than that i couldn't care what type it is. Prices for this criteria can vary from 4000£. Does anyone know what kind of loan i should go for? Thank you in advance for any answers.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ItsMeDario)
    Hello everyone. I am currently in my gap year and i have firmed a course at the university of Leeds and i have put a course a Lincoln university as a back up. My only condition for the course at least is passing a programme called the kickstart programme. I am currently applying for loans however i don't know if i should apply for a normal maintenance which is like up to 4000£ or there is a higher one up to 8000£ or you can select a specific amount. However I haven't applied for accommodation since i wanted to make sure i got accepted for loans first. Now i'm unsure of what to do. I know accommodation prices at Leeds can vary a bit. My only criteria for accommodation is en suite other than that i couldn't care what type it is. Prices for this criteria can vary from 4000£. Does anyone know what kind of loan i should go for? Thank you in advance for any answers.
    Hi Dario,

You can apply for the higher loan amount and then change the amount at a later date on your online account if you don't wish to take the full entitlement.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Dario,

You can apply for the higher loan amount and then change the amount at a later date on your online account if you don't wish to take the full entitlement.

Thanks

Catherine
    Won't applying to a higher one decrease my chances of getting it?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ItsMeDario)
    Won't applying to a higher one decrease my chances of getting it?
    Hi Dario,

The amount of loan that you are entitled to is based on your circumstances, I have enclosed a link for the funding calculator, by using this it will give you an estimate of your entitlement amount.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Dario,

The amount of loan that you are entitled to is based on your circumstances, I have enclosed a link for the funding calculator, by using this it will give you an estimate of your entitlement amount.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Catherine
    Okay thank you very much. I'm sure this will be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    This calculator is actually really helpful, thanks!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.