Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I'm currently looking at booking accommodation at Blenheim but I've realised that there are very few posts/mentions about it! Any reason?? Am I missing something?? Is it terrible?? 😂 Thanks for any advice!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Louisels)
    Hi there! I'm currently looking at booking accommodation at Blenheim but I've realised that there are very few posts/mentions about it! Any reason?? Am I missing something?? Is it terrible?? 😂 Thanks for any advice!
    Hi Louisels

I think there's not many posts about it at the moment as mostly it's been our halls that are directly on our City Campus that have been booking up, and Blenheim is like a 15 minute walk from the uni.

I lived there in my first year and I absolutelty loved it. It's quite a small halls so you get to know everyone really well. The rooms are a decent size to be fair, and they have a proper ensuite bathroom with shower cubicle instead of a wet room which my friends in more modern halls found annoying.

I really wouldn't worry that there aren't many posts about it at the moment, there are still plenty of students to accept offers and confirm their accommodation so if you're waiting on finding some flatmates if you book you may just have to wait a little while.

If you've got any other questions about Blenheim, accommodation in general or even your course and NTU just let us know and we'll help however we can!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thanks very much! Was worried I was missing something!
    Don't know if you can help on this front but I'm just wondering when the first installment for accommodation was needed? I'm completely stressing out about hear back from student finance as I'll absolutely depend on it to begin with and it's stopping me from accepting my unconditional offer! :/

(Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU)
    Hi Louisels

I think there's not many posts about it at the moment as mostly it's been our halls that are directly on our City Campus that have been booking up, and Blenheim is like a 15 minute walk from the uni.

I lived there in my first year and I absolutelty loved it. It's quite a small halls so you get to know everyone really well. The rooms are a decent size to be fair, and they have a proper ensuite bathroom with shower cubicle instead of a wet room which my friends in more modern halls found annoying.

I really wouldn't worry that there aren't many posts about it at the moment, there are still plenty of students to accept offers and confirm their accommodation so if you're waiting on finding some flatmates if you book you may just have to wait a little while.

If you've got any other questions about Blenheim, accommodation in general or even your course and NTU just let us know and we'll help however we can!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Ahh thanks very much! Was worried I was missing something!
    Don't know if you can help on this front but I'm just wondering when the first installment for accommodation was needed? I'm completely stressing out about hear back from student finance as I'll absolutely depend on it to begin with and it's stopping me from accepting my unconditional offer! :/
    Hi Louisels

Don't worry!

Yes of course, the payment plan is set up with Student Finance payments in mind:

First instalment - Monday 8 October 2018
    Second instalment - Thursday 10 January 2018
    Third instalment - Wednesday 24 April 2018

What are you waiting to hear back from student finance? I didn't even apply until the May before I started uni so you've got plenty of time. I think the average time it takes to get SF fully sorted is about 8 weeks? If you are panicking a bit then you can just give them a ring and they'll be able to let you know the status of your application.

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Matt! That's eased my mind a bit!
    Its just because I don't think mine is as straight forward, I'm 25, done a few months worth of a course when I was younger, not sure where a few p45s are ect feel like I'm in limbo with it all at the moment, if they could send a "You'll definitely get funding, just send these" letter it'd be great and I could get the ball rolling! 😂

Hi Louisels

Don't worry!

Yes of course, the payment plan is set up with Student Finance payments in mind:

What are you waiting to hear back from student finance? I didn't even apply until the May before I started uni so you've got plenty of time. I think the average time it takes to get SF fully sorted is about 8 weeks? If you are panicking a bit then you can just give them a ring and they'll be able to let you know the status of your application.

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
    Hi Louisels

Don't worry!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks Matt! That's eased my mind a bit!
    Its just because I don't think mine is as straight forward, I'm 25, done a few months worth of a course when I was younger, not sure where a few p45s are ect feel like I'm in limbo with it all at the moment, if they could send a "You'll definitely get funding, just send these" letter it'd be great and I could get the ball rolling! 😂
    Hi Louisels

Sounds like a nightmare! I'm awful for keeping documents in safe place haha.

I know sometimes you just need someone to give you a yes or no and then you can sort it from there. Keep at it - hopefully you'll get some progress with it soon

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    It is! Fingers crossed it'll be clearer soon thanks for your advice Matt - think it just helps talking it through with someone sometimes!

Hi Louisels

Sounds like a nightmare! I'm awful for keeping documents in safe place haha.

I know sometimes you just need someone to give you a yes or no and then you can sort it from there. Keep at it - hopefully you'll get some progress with it soon

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.