Turn on thread page Beta

Ever wanted to address Parliament but can't because you're a murderer? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Unsurprising in a country where being non-judgemental is the highest virtue.

Britain really is a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    So she tried to rape someone and she is a murderer, according to the news report.

Was convicted of manslaughter, not murder.

Was a woman, so couldn't rape anyone.

DM's journalists don't have law degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    So she tried to rape someone and she is a murderer, according to the news report.

Let's not distort reality here: The "she" you refer to is a man masquerading as a woman.
    Both crimes were committed by a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Let's not distort reality here: The "she" you refer to is a man masquerading as a woman.
    Both crimes were committed by a man.
    Ahh, I thought it was the other way round.

Do you think that if he was having an identity crisis, and was deeply unhappy in their form, that that mental distress could have mitigated his crimes? (See my use of the masculine pronoun, just to appease you.)

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I thought it was the other way round.

Do you think that if he was having an identity crisis, and was deeply unhappy in their form, that that mental distress could have mitigated his crimes? (See my use of the masculine pronoun, just to appease you.)
    Having an identity crisis doesn't excuse killing someone and then attempting to rape a woman. But these days it's convenient to blame a mental illness than to accept responsibility for one's actions.

ReputationRep:
    Having an identity crisis doesn't excuse killing someone and then attempting to rape a woman. But these days it's convenient to blame a mental illness than to accept responsibility for one's actions.
    I was asking about mitigation. An excuse would be a defence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that it should be a 'privilege' to be able to address a parliamentary chamber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I'm not sure that it should be a 'privilege' to be able to address a parliamentary chamber.
    Only insofar as citizenship is a privilege.

ReputationRep:
    Only insofar as citizenship is a privilege.
    Yeah, exactly.

ReputationRep:
    I was asking about mitigation. An excuse would be a defence.
    And I'm saying isn't it convenient that mental illness has been brought into it - for both crimes? But if you were to suggest to him that that his trans lifestyle is a mental illness, doubtless he will accuse you of "transphobia".
    It seems it's only a mental illness when trying to lessen the punishment for murder and attempted rape.

He struggled with his identity so he just had to kill someone and then attempt to rape a woman.
    Sounds like utter bs to me.

ReputationRep:
    And I'm saying isn't it convenient that mental illness has been brought into it - for both crimes? But if you were to suggest to him that that his trans lifestyle is a mental illness, doubtless he will accuse you of "transphobia".
    It seems it's only a mental illness when trying to lessen the punishment for murder and attempted rape.

He struggled with his identity so he just had to kill someone and then attempt to rape a woman.
    Sounds like utter bs to me.
    Sounds like utter BS, but you're still on the fence?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like utter BS, but you're still on the fence?
    What? I'm not on the fence.

ReputationRep:

Women can (and do) rape people. Unfortunately male victims are silenced by “men can’t be raped, you should have enjoyed it”. Women can rape men, women, and children. Denying this is silencing thousands of victims and keeping the mouths of future victims shut.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looloo2134)
    Cherl Cole has address Parliament and she nothing more and a good looking thug with a criminal record

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...vy-Cheryl.html
    good looking ? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Women can (and do) rape people. Unfortunately male victims are silenced by “men can’t be raped, you should have enjoyed it”. Women can rape men, women, and children. Denying this is silencing thousands of victims and keeping the mouths of future victims shut.
    No, they cannot. This is basic law, hence me and others saying it.

ReputationRep:
    She's been invited to talk specifically about transgender offenders. All the people having a little fit that they couldn't find any nice transgender people are entirely missing the point, she's been invited precisely because she was in jail for manslaughter.

Speaking at the House of Lords is not the big priviledge it's being painted out to be, either. Jesus wept, stop being so bloody sensitive you lot.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.