Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Is this the coalition agreement that you ignored party feedback on? I also wonder who the most complained about member right now is, I think it might be you based on all the feedback I've been hearing given you seem incapable of posting without quickly descending into the toxicity that CG constantly talks about eliminating while personally contributing to it and failing to punish members of his party that also contribute *cough* you.
    No, it's the one that was thoroughly discussed with the party and then passed quite comfortably despite the one minor issue raised by two out of roughly sixteen members.

Yes, I don't doubt that's what resonates the most in your echo chamber these days.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    This I can confirm. I had resigned as leader anyway (that was to come out publically), and will be resigning from government in due course.

I will be making a statement on these events shortly.
    I mean, you should have seen this coming though given that in my entire time here the Tories have never agreed to step aside, even if it meant the seat being lost, always feeling it to be be below them. A seat being lost to the left is preferable to no candidate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    No, it's the one that was thoroughly discussed with the party and then passed quite comfortably despite the one minor issue raised by two out of roughly sixteen members.

Yes, I don't doubt that's what resonates the most in your echo chamber these days.
    Is this the echo chamber that contains the majority of the house, even CG, he has not yet run away [EDIT: he just has] and the consensus is from all sides of the house (i.e. members of all 4 active parties) including basically all the active membership that you are the biggest problem, even the spineless members. You can go cry under the covers with CG if you like, but I know you better than that and expect a response that you can probably get successfully reported for, you are so easy to provoke.

ReputationRep:
    Is this the echo chamber that contains the majority of the house, even CG, he has not yet run away and the consensus is from all sides of the house (i.e. members of all 4 active parties) including basically all the active membership that you are the biggest problem. You can go cry under the covers with CG if you like, but I know you better than that and expect a response that you can probably get successfully reported for, you are so easy to provoke.
    Aha! So you confirm you're deliberately attempting to wind me up so you can file a report? Tsk, tsk…
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aha! So you confirm you're deliberately attempting to wind me up so you can file a report? Tsk, tsk…
    Sorry if you can't handle the truth

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if you can't handle the truth
    Very well, JD. I'll leave you to your internet tough guy act for today.

ReputationRep:
    Honourable members of the House.

I have a short statement to make. I am going to address two allegations made against the Conservative Party Leader. First, regarding my 'resignation'. Yes, these allegations are wholly true. I did not in any way resign willingly. CG made veiled threats to me that he would oust me when the opportunity presented itself. Stating that he did not want to wait around like an 'opportunistic c**t' to submit a motion of no confidence in me. I chose dignity over humiliation. He cited that I am condescending, arrogant and aggressive. Despite the fact that the Leader of the Conservative Party is all three of those qualities towards certain members of this House.

Secondly, regarding the coalition agreement. I wholeheartedly believe it to be an implied term of the coalition agreement that reasonably induced said agreement. Without this implied term; I have heavy doubts that the Liberals or the National Conservatives would have entered into coalition with us. Any attempt to contradict this term should be met with fierce and firm resistance.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm sure CoffeeGeek will be back to deny the above, yet again

ReputationRep:
    CoffeeGeek, your esteemed former Deputy Leader has turned on you by revealing your true personality behind the scenes. This makes you look like a bit of a fool after what you have been declaring as the truth over the last week; do the honourable thing by resigning.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    CoffeeGeek, your esteemed former Deputy Leader has turned on you by revealing your true personality behind the scenes. this makes you look like a bit of a fool after what you have been declaring as the truth over the last week; do the honourable thing of resigning.
    You're asking a dishonourable man to do an honourable thing?

(Original post by Vitiate)

I have a short statement to make. I am going to address two allegations made against the Conservative Party Leader. First, regarding my 'resignation'. Yes, these allegations are wholly true. I did not in any way resign willingly. CG made veiled threats to me that he would oust me when the opportunity presented itself. Stating that he did not want to wait around like an 'opportunistic c**t' to submit a motion of no confidence in me. I chose dignity over humiliation. He cited that I am condescending, arrogant and aggressive. Despite the fact that the Leader of the Conservative Party is all three of those qualities towards certain members of this House.

Secondly, regarding the coalition agreement. I wholeheartedly believe it to be an implied term of the coalition agreement that reasonably induced said agreement. Without this implied term; I have heavy doubts that the Liberals or the National Conservatives would have entered into coalition with us. Any attempt to contradict this term should be met with fierce and firm resistance.
    Do you have any comments to make regarding allegations that ministers have been ordered to ignore comments on their bills and statements, and of efforts to get specific members who are vocal against certain members of your party and government banned through reporting of things that really do not deserve reporting at all?

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is fun.

ReputationRep:

I have a short statement to make. I am going to address two allegations made against the Conservative Party Leader. First, regarding my 'resignation'. Yes, these allegations are wholly true. I did not in any way resign willingly. CG made veiled threats to me that he would oust me when the opportunity presented itself. Stating that he did not want to wait around like an 'opportunistic c**t' to submit a motion of no confidence in me. He cited that I am condescending, arrogant and aggressive.
    Would you like to tell the ‘honourable members of the House’ about your open threats, or disloyalty in off-site conversations, or do you deem those irrelevant? Furthermore, could you please explain to the members how anyone could ‘force you to resign’ with the use of ‘veiled threats’ if your position within the party was as solid as you seem to imply? Are you sure you weren't simply overly sensitive to constructive criticism (which you yourself once said you ‘hate’) after numerous complaints against your behaviour and thus misinterpreted the message, or refused to even consider it altogether?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob E)
    CoffeeGeek, your esteemed former Deputy Leader has turned on you by revealing your true personality behind the scenes. This makes you look like a bit of a fool after what you have been declaring as the truth over the last week; do the honourable thing by resigning.
    Are you prepared to believe anything you see without a speck of evidence, my good Nigel?

ReputationRep:

I praise this very brave statement by my right honourable friend, I hope that EVERYONE who has claimed that my allegations are wrong will now take that back, and that those who have decided against backing this MoNC reconsider their positions, this government needs to go now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Would you like to tell the ‘honourable members of the House’ about your hissy fits, open threats, or disloyalty in off-site conversations, or do you deem those irrelevant? Furthermore, could you please explain to the members how anyone could ‘force you to resign’ with the use of ‘veiled threats’ if your position within the party was as solid as you seem to imply? Are you sure you weren't simply overly sensitive to constructive criticism (which you yourself once said you ‘hate’) after numerous complaints against your behaviour and thus misinterpreted the message, or refused to even consider it altogether?
    I refer back to my earlier comments.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, well, well.

Perhaps it's time the adults in the room took over?

ReputationRep:
    Would you like to tell the ‘honourable members of the House’ about your hissy fits, open threats, or disloyalty in off-site conversations, or do you deem those irrelevant? Furthermore, could you please explain to the members how anyone could ‘force you to resign’ with the use of ‘veiled threats’ if your position within the party was as solid as you seem to imply? Are you sure you weren't simply overly sensitive to constructive criticism (which you yourself once said you ‘hate’) after numerous complaints against your behaviour and thus misinterpreted the message, or refused to even consider it altogether?
    Rather ironic actually, to the rest of us your dear CoffeeGeek is the one who can’t handle constructive criticism.

ReputationRep:
    Are you prepared to believe anything you see without a speck of evidence, my good Nigel?
    Vitiate's claims are being corroborated by coalition partners, party members, and other evidence.

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't from what I saw. Kallum can be rather passionate, but he was often shut down in manners that were dictatorial at best by Coffee.

So do you completely hate me know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Well, well, well.

Perhaps it's time the adults in the room took over?
    *throws dummy at you*

My statement tonight is located here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...3036&page=218#

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.