Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Well, well, well.

Perhaps it's time the adults in the room took over?
    Unfortunately the AFL haven’t formed yet and if we did we would currently only have 1 seat so the adults would be unlikely to takeover

ReputationRep:
    Previously in this thread, I asked my honourable and right honourable friends across the house to vote against this motion. In light of tonight's events, I come before you to say I will be voting against the Prime Minister. I will make this brief, and am happy to answer a few questions if I get them.

1 - I have today announced my resignation as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Secretary, and have asked the Acting Leader of my party to give our notice to the PM we will be withdrawing from the coalition.

2 - I have no reason to doubt the words of my honourable friend the former deputy leader when he says he was forced out. CG has repeatedly denied this to me, but I no longer have trust in the word of our Prime Minister.

3 - This motion is specifically about the decision on whether or not this coalition is viable to Govern the country. It is clear it is not and so I urge all my friends and enemies alike across this house to vote for this motion and to bring down a Prime Minister which, it is clear, is not fit to run a country.

Finally, the PM and I shared a good relationship through the coalition until the final week, where it became apparent the Prime Minister was more interested in retaining his position, rather than keeping a shred of dignity left as he clings on to power, approaching any member of the house who he things might be able to save the party, and himself, from his exploding career.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Previously in this thread, I asked my honourable and right honourable friends across the house to vote against this motion. In light of tonight's events, I come before you to say I will be voting against the Prime Minister. I will make this brief, and am happy to answer a few questions if I get them.

1 - I have today announced my resignation as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Secretary, and have asked the Acting Leader of my party to give our notice to the PM we will be withdrawing from the coalition.

2 - I have no reason to doubt the words of my honourable friend the former deputy leader when he says he was forced out. CG has repeatedly denied this to me, but I no longer have trust in the word of our Prime Minister.

3 - This motion is specifically about the decision on whether or not this coalition is viable to Govern the country. It is clear it is not and so I urge all my friends and enemies alike across this house to vote for this motion and to bring down a Prime Minister which, it is clear, is not fit to run a country.

Finally, the PM and I shared a good relationship through the coalition until the final week, where it became apparent the Prime Minister was more interested in retaining his position, rather than keeping a shred of dignity left as he clings on to power, approaching any member of the house who he things might be able to save the party, and himself, from his exploding career.
    Resignation is a bit meaningless when the coalition is over anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Resignation is a bit meaningless when the coalition is over anyway....
    I'm making a point, let me have this
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm making a point, let me have this
    No.

Anywhere, where is this worst PM ever when he's needed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    No.

Anywhere, where is this worst PM ever when he's needed?
    Cowardly hiding I expect, although I have reason to believe he is online at this moment.

ReputationRep:

You can't resign from something when you don't have that post. LIF is Work and Pension sec remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    You can't resign from something when you don't have that post. LIF is Work and Pension sec remember?
    No he was not. He declined it in the end .

Can I just say on behalf of the party sorry you have been dragged into this. You worked hard and kept your head down and that is something that I cap really appreciate. I hope we can work together again in the future.

ReputationRep:

Can I just say on behalf of the party sorry you have been dragged into this. You worked hard and kept your head down and that is something that I cap really appreciate. I hope we can work together again in the future.
    To be fair it's not difficult to keep your head down when you only have one member.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I’ve been rather quiet regarding the very MoNC I agreed to second ( I must admit Connor27 it isn’t the definition of style that I was expecting). But in light of tonight’s statement, it should be made clear that this government cannot be allowed to continue. I respect CG as a person and as a friend ( something that I hope this game never again gets in the way of), but that should be no excuse to cover my feelings regarding this motion. (Even if my motives behind supporting it weren’t solely for government dissatisfaction)
    I commend both AFC and Tommy for their statements tonight and in some ways respect how they’ve handled things; trying to remain integrity within the collapse of a government that should have been on paper, for lack of better wording, “strong and stable”. If the Liberals indeed decide to withdraw from this coalition, I believe now they’d do so with integrity and should have confidence in their decision on that matter.

(Original post by Life_peer)
    Would you like to tell the ‘honourable members of the House’ about your hissy fits, open threats, or disloyalty in off-site conversations, or do you deem those irrelevant? Furthermore, could you please explain to the members how anyone could ‘force you to resign’ with the use of ‘veiled threats’ if your position within the party was as solid as you seem to imply? Are you sure you weren't simply overly sensitive to constructive criticism (which you yourself once said you ‘hate’) after numerous complaints against your behaviour and thus misinterpreted the message, or refused to even consider it altogether?
    I believe our Honourable member here makes gross simplifications about Vitiate, or Kallum’s, actions off sight. I’ve been assured by CG that I do not know the full story, and I’d even be willing to admit the night Kallum resigned and explained the circumstances to me off site, I’d acted rashly that compromised a working relationship between CG and I. And yet, LP, hissy fits are hardly accurate, you must know that a leader, a prime minister, has enough influence to encourage the resignation of a member within the party. The circumstances certainly were rough, and my understanding that the day of Vit’s resignation came with a heavy disagreement with the Prime minister, but surely it would be unreasonable to essentially force someone out over the issue. The words quoted from Vit are unsurprising if the heated fallout were to occur, and I encourage all members sitting on the fence on this MoNC tonight to reconsider their position in light of this new evidence. Consider these incidents not as isolated incidents as the Conservatives lead us to believe, but in a line of coalition splits were the leadership have begun diverging from their initial goal. I believe the coalition had the intentions of being a good government for all but that idea is now lost and their position untenable.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

Can I just say on behalf of the party sorry you have been dragged into this. You worked hard and kept your head down and that is something that I can really appreciate. I hope we can work together again in the future.
    Ah ok

Thank you. All this scandals makes my party look good we were loyal and faithful to the government and stuck to our word and followed the agreement. To bad I can't say that about other parties in the government oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Tfw you propose a MoNC, get ridiculed for it, then it tears the government inside out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Tfw you propose a MoNC, get ridiculed for it, then it tears the government inside out.
    Well played.

ReputationRep:
    I come back from watching Black Panther to this, how juicy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumos_)
    It's amazing how your party can grow a spine in 2 1/2 hours, right?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lumos_)
    How was the Alt right paradise of a film? 😜
    In all seriousness, this is certainly juicy information
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    It's amazing how your party can grow a spine in 2 1/2 hours, right?
    I couldn’t possibly comment :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Vitiate)
    He cited that I am condescending, arrogant and aggressive.
    I'd just like to say that I personally believe this to be untrue, and to everyone else, no I was not paid to say this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    How was the Alt right paradise of a film? 😜
    In all seriousness, this is certainly juicy information
    Haha and yeah certainly juicy, I’m still playing catch up

ReputationRep:
    This drama is literally more exciting than sex.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.