Turn on thread page Beta

Motion of No Confidence in Her Majesty’s Government watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Actually, I'm standing upright, unlike the Libertarians who appear to have lost their spine.
    Doesn’t seem that way, the libers are opposing the **** this Government puts out.

If you want to say the libers have lost their spine what about your support of a VoNC in the government a couple of terms ago in exchange for a coalition with labour? Are you lacking a spine?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    What unparliamentary language have I made? The accusations of inactivity were aimed directly at Labour. Both parties have lost seats too.
    "2 parties who have lost seats and have limited activity" is the direct quote, showing clearly that you were referring to our party as having limited activity, even if accidentally. This is unfair and should be withdrawn. I believe we should be focusing on the real issue here which is this government's performance, so let's move past insulting each other and get some debate started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joep95)
    Doesn’t seem that way, the libers are opposing the **** this Government puts out.

If you want to say the libers have lost their spine what about your support of a VoNC in the government a couple of terms ago in exchange for a coalition with labour? Are you lacking a spine?
    No, I'm not lacking a spine. Perhaps you are for helping Labour get into government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Finally!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I agree that this government is not functioning well at all, I will be voting aye in a division.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not lacking a spine. Perhaps you are for helping Labour get into government.
    These personal attacks do nothing but distract from the issue at hand.

What is your opinion on the forcing out of Vitiate as Conservative DL? Do you think that was appropriate behaviour from the PM?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    So the Labour-Libertarian plans are back on? 2 parties who have lost seats and have limited activity...

A government in waiting? More like dangerous shambles in waiting.
    You're not really one to talk about limited activity, nor is this government as a whole given it has pushed out bills from previous terms, pushed bills without the support of the whole government, and has pushed statements which the ministers cannot be bothered answer questions on.

ReputationRep:
    Send it to vote now. Let us see if the House will really allow the formation of a quasi-coalition with a Libertarian Party that intends to accept Connor and co back as members.

A vote for this motion is a vote for chaos, a vote for the cabal.

Count - I thought you were better than these guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You're not really one to talk about limited activity, nor is this government as a whole given it has pushed out bills from previous terms, pushed bills without the support of the whole government, and has pushed statements which the ministers cannot be bothered answer questions on.
    Yes because the 2 Bills I've personally written, along with tonights statement and a few other statements show that I'm inactive.

Do me a favour - when you are actually positive about something ever - I'll come back and take your 'critical' attacks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    What a bloody joke this Motion of No Confidence is. I'll respond in detail later.
    The only joke here is the government tbh and you're not funny anymore.

(Original post by JellyMilk)
    I planned to wait until I received an indecipherable response from ns_2, but the fact that certain members of the government have responded so childishly and impulsively to this MoNC has only cemented the fact that this is truly an incompetent rule. Therefore, I will be voting aye, and I would hope that other members of this house see the same as me.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    May I urge ALL members from BOTH sides to refrain from using insults. It demeans yourselves and this place. I will comment further on the motion when PetrosAC has destroyed my last remaining city on Civ V.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this MoNC is another piece of evidence to support the fact you should never trust (and go into government with) the TSR Liberals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Send it to vote now. Let us see if the House will really allow the formation of a quasi-coalition with a Libertarian Party that intends to accept Connor and co back as members.

A vote for this motion is a vote for chaos, a vote for the cabal.

Count - I thought you were better than these guys.
    You know as well as I do, MoNCs have a mandatory 4 day debate period as per the constitution, if I could send it to vote now, I would, since I’ve got now potentially 3 rebel MPs from government parties that have privately approached me.

This motion isn’t about me or my allies, so stop trying to make it so. Defend your record and defend your leader, he sure as hell needs it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)

A vote for this motion is a vote for chaos...
    Chaos? Like the disjunct, incohesive government? That's rich.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This government is a joke, let Labour govern we will do a far better job than the shambles of which is the Conservatives.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It has been over an hour and 36 posts now, yet we are still without a proper response to this motion from members of the government who have chosen to simply respond with hate.

Can we have a debate about the real issues already?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So the Labour-Libertarian plans are back on? 2 parties who have lost seats and have limited activity...

A government in waiting? More like dangerous shambles in waiting.
    I don't see it as a surprising thing for two of the parties in opposition to have some common goals in opposing the government. As others have already pointed out, our activity level as a party consistently tops the weekly ranking.

(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    What a bloody joke this Motion of No Confidence is. I'll respond in detail later.

Seeing the seconders, not only are they desperate but it seems like the Libertarians are ready to bend down for Labour yet again - leopards never change their spots.
    The Libertarian Party appear to have become the new spineless party ready to bend over to Labour!
    We are not bending to Labour. That's all I have to say to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I don't see it as a surprising thing for two of the parties in opposition to have some common goals in opposing the government. As others have already pointed out, our activity level as a party consistently tops the weekly ranking.

We are not bending to Labour. That's all I have to say to that.
    So play this through - what happens if this government were to collapse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    This government is a joke, let Labour govern we will do a far better job than the shambles of which is the Conservatives.
    Sadly last term showed the Labour leadership have activity levels closer to a glacier than anything else.

Labour are a shambles of a party on TSR.

(Which is a shame as I support them IRL)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This incompetent Government is in a state of uncoordinated disarray and a large divide is beginning to form between the two main governing parties. Following the decision by Liberal MPs to publicly oppose the Government's recent Bills on GCHQ Trade Unions and Terrorism, the Prime Minister was forced to withdraw both bills in humiliation. It is notable that the Prime Minister was clearly undermined by his former deputy leader, Vitiate, when the terrorism bill was submitted in the government name without even the consent of PetrosAC, the Home Secretary.
    And from the start I know that this MoNC is a joke by calling us incompetent and the use of "uncoordinated dissaray" (a strange use of words I must say). We are competent, as shown through our legislative success but I can see already you've cherrypicked two bills that were unpopular with the House... acting like there hasn't been a government that hasn't withdrawn any of their bills for that reason. Let me remind you withdrawals happen.

I was never undermined by Vitiate when Terrorism Bill was submitted - only just getting started with the MoNC and I already have to expose falsehoods. If you're going to MoNC us don't make stuff up.

It is also clear that miscommunication on a basic level is happening between the government leadership and the ordinary members, as the leadership appears not to have been aware of disagreements over a piece of major legislation that were so strong they led to a 04MR17 being forced to resign his MP seat. The level of tension that is currently present in the Government is highly concerning; it is clear that both main parties do not have a unified strategy for the term.
    We are quite aware of any disagreements happening, both publicly and privately. I wouldn't call the legislation major because neither were mentioned in the Queen's Speech and weren't the ultimate aim of this government.

The rest of what's said here appears to be waffle.

As well as criticising the leadership of the Liberals (Life_Peer’s rant following the withdrawal of the terrorism bill, which saw him sacked as foreign secretary), Conservative MPs are also attacking each other. Vitiate has privately attacked The Prime Minister, by saying that he was forced out of his position as Deputy Leader, stating on offsite communications that “it was a choice between dignity and humiliation.” Vitiate has also expressed a desire to launch a motion of no confidence in CoffeeGeek’s Conservative Leadership and has stated that he believes CG has achieved nothing of note as leader, in that all of his achievements were a result of Vitiate’ aptitude as DL. It is obvious from this that there is a dangerous level of division even among the Conservatives, never mind between them and their coalition partners.
    In the statement I made in the Press Office I never said he was sacked.

I'm not going to comment on the rest because it has absolutely no relevance to the government. This is a Motion of No Confidence in the government, not my party leadership.

The Conservative/Liberal/Nat Con coalition has been given a chance to succeed. It has shown that it just isn’t up to the job. There are other parties ready and waiting to take charge of the government subforum and place the interests of the model UK in safe, competent and experienced hands. To quote Oliver Cromwell, ‘You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately. Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!’
    Again, waffle. Shows this MoNC has little substance.

Leaving a quote at the end doesn't make it any better.

I advise the House to vote against this poorly justified, ridiculous and frankly awful "Motion of No Confidence".

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.