Turn on thread page Beta

Motion of No Confidence in Her Majesty’s Government watch

• Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Send it to vote now. Let us see if the House will really allow the formation of a quasi-coalition with a Libertarian Party that intends to accept Connor and co back as members.

A vote for this motion is a vote for chaos, a vote for the cabal.

Count - I thought you were better than these guys.
    I’ve mentioned off site that there is no formal agreement to let the three back into the party. This motion highlights concerns the house has had with the handling of affairs by the government, which I do share some concerns with Connor. This of course by no means reflects my opinion of respective members within Government, and thus it is not representative of me as an individual compared to those you compare me to. We don’t intend for there to be any chaos, I firmly believe things after this will instead bring order to the remainder of this term.
    Indeed, this is nothing personal, and I hope you don’t see it as such
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    The opposition working together to challenge the government does not suggest anyone is 'bending down'. I would like to ask the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister to withdraw this unparliamentary language that has begun this debate.
    Do not accuse me of using unparliamentary language when I quite clearly have not.

If you're not bending down then who is the government-in-waiting?

(Original post by Joep95)
    4.5 parties in the MHoC, 2.5 parties in government at the minute it would make sense that the other 2 would want to put an end to the **** this Government is doing, I know that’s probably a bit too complex for you maybe ask your new puppet to help you understand it.
    There's no need to be insulting.

(Original post by JellyMilk)
    I planned to wait until I received an indecipherable response from ns_2, but the fact that certain members of the government have responded so childishly and impulsively to this MoNC has only cemented the fact that this is truly an incompetent rule. Therefore, I will be voting aye, and I would hope that other members of this house see the same as me.
    Responses to a MoNC does not determine our rule - if anything voting for the so-called "MoNC" just because of that shows that you're being the childish one, ready to change your mind quickly over what people think about this motion.

If you don't like the response of some government members calling this motion a joke then I assume you won't like the responses I'm getting, such as the one above your quote trying to insult me - hope you're willing to condemn that and reconsider your support if even the supporters are being childish.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    So play this through - what happens if this government were to collapse?
    I actually have already thought about it, I'm not daft. I always think through the consequences of an action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    And from the start I know that this MoNC is a joke by calling us incompetent and the use of "uncoordinated dissaray" (a strange use of words I must say). We are competent, as shown through our legislative success but I can see already you've cherrypicked two bills that were unpopular with the House... acting like there hasn't been a government that hasn't withdrawn any of their bills for that reason. Let me remind you withdrawals happen.

I was never undermined by Vitiate when Terrorism Bill was submitted - only just getting started with the MoNC and I already have to expose falsehoods. If you're going to MoNC us don't make stuff up.

We are quite aware of any disagreements happening, both publicly and privately. I wouldn't call the legislation major because neither were mentioned in the Queen's Speech and weren't the ultimate aim of this government.

The rest of what's said here appears to be waffle.

In the statement I made in the Press Office I never said he was sacked.

I'm not going to comment on the rest because it has absolutely no relevance to the government. This is a Motion of No Confidence in the government, not my party leadership.

Again, waffle. Shows this MoNC has little substance.

Leaving a quote at the end doesn't make it any better.

I advise the House to vote against this poorly justified, ridiculous and frankly awful "Motion of No Confidence".
    Ironic that you complain about “waffle” (it isn’t) and bad word choice (also isn’t) when you rubberstamped the education SoI...

The fact that there is internal conflict between you and Vitiate is relevant to a Government MoNC, it is asinine to say otherwise. A party that is facing an internal leadership struggle by default is not going to be able to do much in government.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    What is this?/I'm confused
    Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

Motion of No Confidence in Her Majesty’s GovernmentProposed by: Hon. Connor27 MP (IND)

Seconded by: Hon. Saunders16 MP (LIBER); Hon. CountBrandenburg MP (LIBER); Rt. Hon. Cranbrook_Aspie MP (LAB); Hon. mrwb9876 MP (LIBER.)

That this house has no confidence in Her Majesty’s Government.

This incompetent Government is in a state of uncoordinated disarray and a large divide is beginning to form between the two main governing parties. Following the decision by Liberal MPs to publicly oppose the Government's recent Bills on GCHQ Trade Unions and Terrorism, the Prime Minister was forced to withdraw both bills in humiliation. It is notable that the Prime Minister was clearly undermined by his former deputy leader, Vitiate, when the terrorism bill was submitted in the government name without even the consent of PetrosAC, the Home Secretary.

It is also clear that miscommunication on a basic level is happening between the government leadership and the ordinary members, as the leadership appears not to have been aware of disagreements over a piece of major legislation that were so strong they led to a 04MR17 being forced to resign his MP seat. The level of tension that is currently present in the Government is highly concerning; it is clear that both main parties do not have a unified strategy for the term.

As well as criticising the leadership of the Liberals (Life_Peer’s rant following the withdrawal of the terrorism bill, which saw him sacked as foreign secretary), Conservative MPs are also attacking each other. Vitiate has privately attacked The Prime Minister, by saying that he was forced out of his position as Deputy Leader, stating on offsite communications that “it was a choice between dignity and humiliation.” Vitiate has also expressed a desire to launch a motion of no confidence in CoffeeGeek’s Conservative Leadership and has stated that he believes CG has achieved nothing of note as leader, in that all of his achievements were a result of Vitiate’ aptitude as DL. It is obvious from this that there is a dangerous level of division even among the Conservatives, never mind between them and their coalition partners.

The Conservative/Liberal/Nat Con coalition has been given a chance to succeed. It has shown that it just isn’t up to the job. There are other parties ready and waiting to take charge of the government subforum and place the interests of the model UK in safe, competent and experienced hands. To quote Oliver Cromwell, ‘You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately. Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!’
    Paragraph 1 - Whilst I didn't explicitly consent to the bill, I also didn't block it and the bill was voted on within the Government. This was my own error rather than a Government error.

Paragraph 2 - An MP not making opposition to a bill clear and then being replaced is a pretty weak argument for a Government MoNC. This has happened plenty of times before and will happen plenty of times again the future.

Paragraph 3 - One member of the Conservatives attacking the Prime Minister isn't really that deep, regardless of the position of the member. You also say "let alone the coalition partners", but don't actually give any examples. Weak argument.

Paragraph 4 - What is your proposed alternative Coalition? There is no alternative Government.

I oppose this motion.

ReputationRep:
    Do not accuse me of using unparliamentary language when I quite clearly have not.

If you're not bending down then who is the government-in-waiting?

There's no need to be insulting.

Responses to a MoNC does not determine our rule - if anything voting for the so-called "MoNC" just because of that shows that you're being the childish one, ready to change your mind quickly over what people think about this motion.

If you don't like the response of some government members calling this motion a joke then I assume you won't like the responses I'm getting, such as the one above your quote trying to insult me - hope you're willing to condemn that and reconsider your support if even the supporters are being childish.
    Well why were you being insulting is it do as I say not as I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2018)
    I agree that this government is not functioning well at all, I will be voting aye in a division.
    You agree that this government isn't functioning well when it has been proven time and time again that it in fact is functioning well? I'll assume you don't actually have a valid reason either just like the MoNC...

(Original post by Connor27)
    What is your opinion on the forcing out of Vitiate as Conservative DL? Do you think that was appropriate behaviour from the PM?
    This has no relevance to the government - the fact you keep bringing stuff up that's irrelevant shows how desperate you are to see us go. You need to find things relevant.

(Original post by Thrillanthropist)
    The only joke here is the government tbh and you're not funny anymore.
    Wasn't trying to be funny...

(Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    This government is a joke, let Labour govern we will do a far better job than the shambles of which is the Conservatives.
    Labour are not fit to govern as shown by their inactivity and the poor performance in their previous government.

(Original post by Saunders16)
    It has been over an hour and 36 posts now, yet we are still without a proper response to this motion from members of the government who have chosen to simply respond with hate.

Can we have a debate about the real issues already?
    The MoNC you have seconded has not raised any real, major issues in this government which therefore makes the motion poorly justified.

(Original post by CatusStarbright)
    We are not bending to Labour. That's all I have to say to that.
    Then please tell me who is the government-in-waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Paragraph 1 - Whilst I didn't explicitly consent to the bill, I also didn't block it and the bill was voted on within the Government. This was my own error rather than a Government error.

Paragraph 2 - An MP not making opposition to a bill clear and then being replaced is a pretty weak argument for a Government MoNC. This has happened plenty of times before and will happen plenty of times again the future.

Paragraph 3 - One member of the Conservatives attacking the Prime Minister isn't really that deep, regardless of the position of the member. You also say "let alone the coalition partners", but don't actually give any examples. Weak argument.

Paragraph 4 - What is your proposed alternative Coalition? There is no alternative Government.

I oppose this motion.
    I do actually give an example further up Petros, LP’s rant at the Liberals following the terrorism bill withdrawal, which can be found in AtG.

ReputationRep:

You are in no position to call me childish. Hardly any of your messages this term have been constructive, and most have some kind of emoji in them, normally invalidating anything you say. The one redeeming quality of this government is the press release at the start - the only thing that purposefully encompasses exactly what’s your government has been - good for a laugh.

I’m against all childish responses, which is why I try not to be childish on TSR - that’s saved for Discord. If you want me to reconsider, maybe you shouldn’t insult your opponents by calling them childish.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Then please tell me who is the government-in-waiting?
    I'm going to decline to comment further at this time. This isn't my motion, as you'll know if you bother to look at the header, so I'm going to allow you to turn your arguments towards those who did actually bring the motion.

ReputationRep:
    Ironic that you complain about “waffle” (it isn’t) and bad word choice (also isn’t) when you rubberstamped the education SoI...

The fact that there is internal conflict between you and Vitiate is relevant to a Government MoNC, it is asinine to say otherwise. A party that is facing an internal leadership struggle by default is not going to be able to do much in government.
    I wouldn't have used those words to describe this government. If I were to decide, it'd be pragmatic and competent.

Party issues or topics are absolutely not relevant to the government at all - to say that it is means you're running out of ammunition - not that you had any in the first place... We're not facing an internal leadership struggle or internal conflicts, in fact it's quite the opposite because we have a new Deputy Leader and are getting on with the job of government as shown with our continued output...

Well why were you being insulting is it do as I say not as I do?
    Wasn't insulting at all. The motion is a joke. And the reason why I think the seconders are desperate is because there's not one valid point in this Motion of No Confidence - it's evident that they just want to see us go for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing that this has become a slinging match.

- There are issues in all Governments, however I believe myself, the liberal leadership and the Tory / Nat Con leadership have a great working relationship.

- I cannot comment on what went on between the Tory Leader and the former Deputy, mainly because I do not know the full facts that went on. I enjoyed working with the former Deputy and i am sure I will enjoy working with ns_2.

- This Government has released a SoI, several bills and press releases on up to date topics. More Statement of Intents are on the way in the coming weeks and months.

Am happy to respond to anything else, just make sure you tag me.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have used those words to describe this government. If I were to decide, it'd be pragmatic and competent.

Party issues or topics are absolutely not relevant to the government at all - to say that it is means you're running out of ammunition - not that you had any in the first place... We're not facing an internal leadership struggle or internal conflicts, in fact it's quite the opposite because we have a new Deputy Leader and are getting on with the job of government as shown with our continued output...

Wasn't insulting at all. The motion is a joke. And the reason why I think the seconders are desperate is because there's not one valid point in this Motion of No Confidence - it's evident that they just want to see us go for the sake of it.
    Your first post you went and insulted the libers, it’s what you do, you are the centre of the toxicity you claim to oppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Disappointing that this has become a slinging match.

- There are issues in all Governments, however I believe myself, the liberal leadership and the Tory / Nat Con leadership have a great working relationship.

- I cannot comment on what went on between the Tory Leader and the former Deputy, mainly because I do not know the full facts that went on. I enjoyed working with the former Deputy and i am sure I will enjoy working with ns_2.

- This Government has released a SoI, several bills and press releases on up to date topics. More Statement of Intents are on the way in the coming weeks and months.

Am happy to respond to anything else, just make sure you tag me.
    Are you going to criticise cg for coming out in his first post on this thread insulting the libers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyMilk)
    You are in no position to call me childish. Hardly any of your messages this term have been constructive, and most have some kind of emoji in them, normally invalidating anything you say. The one redeeming quality of this government is the press release at the start - the only thing that purposefully encompasses exactly what’s your government has been - good for a laugh.

I’m against all childish responses, which is why I try not to be childish on TSR - that’s saved for Discord. If you want me to reconsider, maybe you shouldn’t insult your opponents by calling them childish.
    Doesn't help me believe your not childish if you admit to behaving like that offsite...

You ought to reconsider because I do not believe voting for this motion over things like that is the mature thing to do - if my previous messages haven't been constructive then this definitely is.

(Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I'm going to decline to comment further at this time. This isn't my motion, as you'll know if you bother to look at the header, so I'm going to allow you to turn your arguments towards those who did actually bring the motion.
    I never said it was your motion I was asking you a question. But if you don't want to comment any further, then I will respect that...
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I do actually give an example further up Petros, LP’s rant at the Liberals following the terrorism bill withdrawal, which can be found in AtG.
    How about the rest of the MoNC, or are you just going to ignore that?

ReputationRep:
    Your first post you went and insulted the libers, it’s what you do, you are the centre of the toxicity you claim to oppose
    Well I apologise to the Libertarians if they felt insulted about my comment...

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to criticise cg for coming out in his first post on this thread insulting the libers?
    Yes. There is no need for CG to throw insults at the Libertarians it is disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't help me believe your not childish if you admit to behaving like that offsite...

You ought to reconsider because I do not believe voting for this motion over things like that is the mature thing to do - if my previous messages haven't been constructive then this definitely is.
    Not being a pretentious douche offsite doesn’t mean that I’m childish. Offsite communications should remain offsite.

I believe that it would be better for everyone if such a useless and immature government was removed, and so my vote will not change. Good luck convincing the rest of the opposition.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really see any clear reason why I should vote aye on this, even if it would benefit the party I am in. I'm not a huge fan of needless opportunism and I would consider myself a hypocrite if I started behaving in such a way now, even if the behaviour of certain members isn't exactly helping their cause to avoid a successful no confidence vote.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.