Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Motion of No Confidence in Her Majesty’s Government watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Connor27)
    If you think that citing substantiated examples is a personal attack then I’d advise you to take some basic courses in critical thinking, you’ll need it since apparently you want to get into Oxbridge...
    That's not helping.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I'm not a fan of CoffeeGeek; I think that's no secret - in particular, I think he's too convinced of his own ability in debate and therefore assumes that his opponents are stupid from a very early point. Where his conduct differs, however, is that I've not seen him undertake any systemic campaigns essentially designed to attack individuals or parties.
    Sorry if it comes across as that - I'll work to improve that. :yy:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    This might come as a surprise to some.
    It is also clear that miscommunication on a basic level is happening between the government leadership and the ordinary members, as the leadership appears not to have been aware of disagreements over a piece of major legislation that were so strong they led to a 04MR17 being forced to resign his MP seat. The level of tension that is currently present in the Government is highly concerning; it is clear that both main parties do not have a unified strategy for the term.
    :lies:

I would like to make it completely clear that I VOLUNTARILY resigned by MP seat. I was asked for my resignation from the cabinet, and I gladly gave it. But I was at no point asked to leave my MP seat, I'd been mulling over it for some time before doing so and it was not as a direct result of one piece of legislation that caused me to make the decision.

I left my MP seat through my own personal disagreements with the government, I'm not going to lament again how different my own views can be or "quirky" as several people called them the other day. I did not leave my MP seat through a dispute.

I support this government in opposition to this MoNC since I cannot see a better alternative right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    For what it's worth I like Life_peer and think he's pretty funny for the most part, but I can't deny that in the past he's been a total **** to a lot of people, and, like me, his actual activity has faded in recent terms. I would be surprised if he disagreed with this assessment.
    I don't. For me, the MHoC hasn't been the same since the illicit birth of the Libertarian Party which has so far been a constant source of utter nonsense and thus getting me apathetic, hence my lack of interest in making more valuable contributions which I presume won't change at least until the acting drama queens fade away like they always do when they finally get bored or find a new purpose in their lives. Unfortunately, the current membership still provide them with enough stimulation to continue and thus I'm just this grumpy five-minutes-per-day addict who pops in every now and then.

As for the matter at hand, I believe the presented accusations are absurd, especially coming from these proposers. It's like some of them believe they can just feed the CT a bunch of lies and transform into this distasteful fake personae while they continue to plot their spiteful schemes off-site and spam baits all over the place. :laugh:

I wish we didn't feed the trolls and provide them with an audience but I guess I can't prevent it…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I don't. For me, the MHoC hasn't been the same since the illicit birth of the Libertarian Party which has so far been a constant source of utter nonsense and thus getting me apathetic, hence my lack of interest in making more valuable contributions which I presume won't change at least until the acting drama queens fade away like they always do when they finally get bored or find a new purpose in their lives. Unfortunately, the current membership still provide them with enough stimulation to continue and thus I'm just this grumpy five-minutes-per-day addict who pops in every now and then.

As for the matter at hand, I believe the presented accusations are absurd, especially coming from these proposers. It's like some of them believe they can just feed the CT a bunch of lies and transform into this distasteful fake personae while they continue to plot their spiteful schemes off-site and spam baits all over the place. :laugh:

I wish we didn't feed the trolls and provide them with an audience but I guess I can't prevent it…
    Rakas has seen evidence of the accusations off-site, if you don’t believe me, believe him and speak to him about it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JMR2018)
    I agree that this government is not functioning well at all, I will be voting aye in a division.
    With respect, you have very little to compare it to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I'm not going to lament again how different my own views can be or "quirky" as several people called them the other day. I did not leave my MP seat through a dispute.
    I'll take credit for that one

ReputationRep:

You mean when tories declared they would do everything in their power to end the party? How about you being involved in trying to plan on how to get members banned? Feeding the ct a bunch of lies seems like the tactics you wanted to use against me and apparently rakas had to intervene with.

I completely agree so when are you and cg going to leave for the good of the house?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    I'll take credit for that one
    :lol: I said several. Can't remember who started it, might have been you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Two and a half months in a few days and the rate at which we create and pass legislation is our prerogative. We've still beat most other parties.
    And fall behind individual members
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LPK)
    Well, I have voted in favour of the last 4 Government bills, as have a clear majority of MP's from across a range of parties, so I wouldn't exactly describe it as carnage at this point. Additionally, I have faith in the opposition parties to vote down Government legislation which I consider bad for the country.

All in all, it seems like a place where I can be relatively content with the status quo.
    You're content with a government where, according to our sources, ministers are ordered to ignore criticism and who have done so on multiple occasions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joep95)
    You mean when tories declared they would do everything in their power to end the party? How about you being involved in trying to plan on how to get members banned? Feeding the ct a bunch of lies seems like the tactics you wanted to use against me and apparently rakas had to intervene with.

I completely agree so when are you and cg going to leave for the good of the house?
    Whoa, first of all, which one are you? Second, please tell me more. I can't wait to remember how it really was but so far none of it rings a bell.

Rakas21 Do you have any idea what he's talking about? Did you make an intervention on his behalf against what I said in the privacy of AtCT?

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, first of all, which one are you? Second, please tell me more. I can't wait to remember how it really was but so far none of it rings a bell.

Rakas21 Do you have any idea what he's talking about? Did you make an intervention on his behalf against what I said in the privacy of AtCT?
    He's Joe.

No. A few other members were gunning for people, i talked them out of it.

ReputationRep:
    He's Joe.

No. A few other members were gunning for people, i talked them out of it.
    Yeah, but which one, C or L? I think there even used to be a third one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpeakWhenToldTo)
    Sounds like a child who just lost a board game. For someone who is an "Independent MP" you sure have a lot of criticisms for parties. Join a party first be b****y later. Refer to username please Connor27.
    What a lovely persona you present for yourself, do me a favour, if you have nothing productive to say, do one.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sounds like a child who just lost a board game. For someone who is an "Independent MP" you sure have a lot of criticisms for parties. Join a party first be b****y later. Refer to username please Connor27.
    So who's dupe are you, alternatively why are you so blindly loyal to CG and his orders to add to the toxic environment the moment you join?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You make no sense whatsoever. I’m not a director, so I guess I can’t critisize movies. I’m not a musician, so I guess I can’t critisize music. How dumb do you have to be to come out with a statement like that?

ReputationRep:
    The MHoC is changing for the better and we dont need these kind of attacks, whether you disagree with the honourable member or not.

ReputationRep:
    This new member only proves my point though; the Conservative Party is the sole largest source of the MHoC’s current toxic atmosphere.

Let’s give them a red face, reject their toxic politics and pass this MoNC.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Send it to vote now. Let us see if the House will really allow the formation of a quasi-coalition with a Libertarian Party that intends to accept Connor and co back as members.

A vote for this motion is a vote for chaos, a vote for the cabal.

Count - I thought you were better than these guys.
    Was this a call for an Immediate vote to try to prevent CG, LP, and co saying anything they may regret, or so there is a distraction from the fact that your leader and ministers are intentionally avoiding criticism?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.