Turn on thread page Beta

Motion of No Confidence in Her Majesty’s Government watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My views on this MoNC have been made obvious off-site and from the fact that I've seconded it, but I agree with every word. The government is a shambles that has shown itself capable of achieving little, and it is clear, from the resignations and the rumours of ministers being prevented from responding to responses to statements to the vague ominous signs of discord between governing parties, that behind the facade of unity it has been crumbling for a long time. I certainly do not claim that my party has been perfect in the past, but with one government party on the brink of being shut down for inactivity, it is time to eject this rabble from Downing Street. Let's give the Tories and Liberals the additional time in opposition they clearly need to get themselves in order and bring some fresh blood into government by passing this MoNC.

(Original post by SpeakWhenToldTo)
    Sounds like a child who just lost a board game. For someone who is an "Independent MP" you sure have a lot of criticisms for parties. Join a party first be b****y later. Refer to username please Connor27.
    Whoever you are, out yourself and stop hiding behind the obvious dupe, I didn't have time for Connor when he resorted to this sort of personal attack and equally I don't for people making him the target of it.

(Original post by Life_peer)
    Yeah, but which one, C or L? I think there even used to be a third one.
    He's Joe C, the third one is Joe T also known as TDA.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Disappointing that this has become a slinging match.

- There are issues in all Governments, however I believe myself, the liberal leadership and the Tory / Nat Con leadership have a great working relationship.

- I cannot comment on what went on between the Tory Leader and the former Deputy, mainly because I do not know the full facts that went on. I enjoyed working with the former Deputy and i am sure I will enjoy working with ns_2.

- This Government has released a SoI, several bills and press releases on up to date topics. More Statement of Intents are on the way in the coming weeks and months.

Am happy to respond to anything else, just make sure you tag me.
    It's a shame that they stop at publication, any thorough criticism is actively ignored, almost as if this government does not want opposition at all, they want everybody to just automatically agree, then again the PM has implied in the past that you are mentally deficient if you disagree with the government, even the things that are objectively bad or non sensical
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    … the third one is Joe T also known as TDA.
    Really? Then I must be thinking of a fourth one. Anyway, thanks for the info.

ReputationRep:
    Connor= Autist ADHD prostitute ****ing ***** boy. Get therapy kid
    But saying this you have confirmed to me that you are a dupe of someone who uses offsite communications, thank you for narrowing it down.

ReputationRep:
    Connor= Autist ADHD prostitute ****ing ***** boy. Get therapy kid
    This is not parliamentary behaviour. I expect this post to be reported and I call on the Prime Minister to expel this person from the party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitiate)
    This is not parliamentary behaviour. I expect this post to be reported and I call on the Prime Minister to expel this person from the party.
    I also ask the Prime Minister to show some leadership in expelling this toxic member from the party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    By all reasonable accounts this has been a moderately successful government. The MoNC is a mixture of party politics and the proposers holding the Government to standards they would not themselves wish to be held to.
    Plain-speaking and absolutely correct.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Plain-speaking and absolutely correct.
    Unlike prominent government members
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    I also ask the Prime Minister to show some leadership in expelling this toxic member from the party.
    I refer you both to the post I've made in the Tory QT thread.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    I refer you both to the post I've made in the Tory QT thread.
    I refer you to your wish to quietly brush it under the carpet the moment it is mentioned.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The Conservative Party intend on standing a candidate in the coming by-election; part of their coalition agreement forbade them from doing so. Does CoffeeGeek care about his coalition partners, the promises he signed upon the government's foundation or does he intend on forcing his coalition partners into submitting to his will? Most importantly, is this an example of a united and effective government, or a government that is fractured, incapable of effectively communicating with each other and likely to fall by the end of the term regardless of the outcome of this motion?

If people in both the government and opposition are not yet convinced, this is proof that Connor27's description of the government was correct and you should consider changing your vote; a Prime Minister and rulling party that cannot even keep their word is not one that deserves to be leading this country and representing us on TSR.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    The Conservative Party intend on standing a candidate in the coming by-election; part of their coalition agreement forbade them from doing so. Does CoffeeGeek care about his coalition partners, the promises he signed upon the government's foundation or does he intend on forcing his coalition partners into submitting to his will? Most importantly, is this an example of a united and effective government, or a government that is fractured, incapable of effectively communicating with each other and likely to fall by the end of the term regardless of the outcome of this motion?

If people in both the government and opposition are not yet convinced, this is proof that Connor27's description of the government was correct and you should consider changing your vote; a Prime Minister and rulling party that cannot even keep their word is not one that deserves to be leading this country and representing us on TSR.
    Like, you really over hyped this

ReputationRep:

If that's true, then if nothing else it proves both that there no longer exists the basic respect between the coalition partners that is necessary to keep the government functioning, and that the Conservatives are currently wholly unfit to be the senior party in a coalition. This government is clearly about to fall anyway: let us save the House the acrimonious divorce and put it surgically out of its misery by passing this MoNC.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    If that's true, then if nothing else it proves both that there no longer exists the basic respect between the coalition partners that is necessary to keep the government functioning, and that the Conservatives are currently wholly unfit to be the senior party in a coalition. This government is clearly about to fall anyway: let us save the House the acrimonious divorce and put it surgically out of its misery by passing this MoNC.
    You say that as if the Tories EVER respected their coalition partners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You say that as if the Tories EVER respected their coalition partners.
    Good point.

ReputationRep:

1) Prove it

2) Not in the coalition agreement

3) We are more than entitled to consider whether we should or should not stand a candidate

4) This House will know on saturday whether you are are attempting to decieve the House with speculation and heresay when it sees or does not see a glorious Tory candidate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    1) Prove it

3) We are more than entitled to consider whether we should or should not stand a candidate

4) This House will know on saturday whether you are are attempting to decieve the House with speculation and heresay when it sees or does not see a glorious Tory candidate
    Hearsay, I think you might find.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Hearsay, I think you might find.
    Leave Rakas alone, bully!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

I want to hear the reasoning behind these questions.

It's not in the coalition agreement - not that any of it is your business.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    1) Prove it

(Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    I want to hear the reasoning behind these questions.

It's not in the coalition agreement - not that any of it is your business.
    Sources inside the government tell me that an informal agreement was made and (at least until tonight) the Conservative Party intended on betraying it. You are indeed entitled to consider whether you stand a candidate if you do not make an agreement to the contrary; do you both deny that this agreement was made? It is entirely the buisness of this house because, if there is any proof in my allegations, it shows for certain that this government is not fit for purpose.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.