Turn on thread page Beta

How to Overcome Anxiety watch

ReputationRep:
    Any tips to help cope or overcome anxiety please?!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Well, I use this super good app called Headspace, which you may or may not have heard of.
    It's basically a nice, and easy way to mediate. The free trial gives you a 10 day taster, and then you can pay monthly [which i do, and would totally recommend #NotASponser ] if you like it! It has TONS of different packs such as daily headspace, anxiety (which i just recently finished), depression, studying, and even sleep, which you can do for as little as 3 minutes on some, all the way up to 60.
    It can be difficult to get into, and sometimes it might be difficult to do it daily, but once you do get into that rhythm I found it greatly decreases anxiety - obviously it never completely disappears, anxiety is a natural response, but it makes it easier to cope with negative emotions - and helps you understand all emotions.
    I wish you all the best x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollie_steel)
    Hey!
    Well, I use this super good app called Headspace, which you may or may not have heard of.
    It's basically a nice, and easy way to mediate. The free trial gives you a 10 day taster, and then you can pay monthly [which i do, and would totally recommend #NotASponser ] if you like it! It has TONS of different packs such as daily headspace, anxiety (which i just recently finished), depression, studying, and even sleep, which you can do for as little as 3 minutes on some, all the way up to 60.
    It can be difficult to get into, and sometimes it might be difficult to do it daily, but once you do get into that rhythm I found it greatly decreases anxiety - obviously it never completely disappears, anxiety is a natural response, but it makes it easier to cope with negative emotions - and helps you understand all emotions.
    I wish you all the best x
    Thank you so much, this is so sweet - I’ll have a go on the app x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagan01)
    Any tips to help cope or overcome anxiety please?!
    As someone who suffers anxiety myself, I found it so hard to calm myself down and get rid of that annoying anxious feeling in like the pit of your stomach that makes you feel so uneasy and I say to myself how everything is always going to be ok no matter what situation I'm in, positivity can honestly change a lot of things. If you a voice in your head constantly making you anxious just let yourself you your strong and you can and always will get through this because all situations will teach you something very important. As to managing anxiety I have recently started boxing which at first I was terrified to even go but I said to myself that it will help me so much and it is and I feel a lot more happier with myself. Anxiety is not a nice feeling but use that as your strong point and not a weakness and try manage it through doing something you enjoy such as music, art, sport, something spiritual or even acting (sounds scary but can work depending on the person). Being anxious is normal but can be terrifying but once you train your brain and yourself that you can and will do it, you'll hopefully be able to control it. If it gets worse getting therapy is so helpful to so many people I know. Now that i have rambled for 2 hours I honestly wish you the world and more x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angeli.p)
    As someone who suffers anxiety myself, I found it so hard to calm myself down and get rid of that annoying anxious feeling in like the pit of your stomach that makes you feel so uneasy and I say to myself how everything is always going to be ok no matter what situation I'm in, positivity can honestly change a lot of things. If you a voice in your head constantly making you anxious just let yourself you your strong and you can and always will get through this because all situations will teach you something very important. As to managing anxiety I have recently started boxing which at first I was terrified to even go but I said to myself that it will help me so much and it is and I feel a lot more happier with myself. Anxiety is not a nice feeling but use that as your strong point and not a weakness and try manage it through doing something you enjoy such as music, art, sport, something spiritual or even acting (sounds scary but can work depending on the person). Being anxious is normal but can be terrifying but once you train your brain and yourself that you can and will do it, you'll hopefully be able to control it. If it gets worse getting therapy is so helpful to so many people I know. Now that i have rambled for 2 hours I honestly wish you the world and more x
    Thank you for the advice - I really appreciate it x

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.