Turn on thread page Beta

Should I bother with this relationship? watch

Recently I got a new job and I met this guy who seems really nice and is quite easy to talk to. Anyway, he added me on snapchat and I popped up and we have been talking for like 3 weeks since. He pops up often and sends "xx" and can be cute and complimentary. However, I've suggested meeting up twice but not like directly, more like "should meet up", and both times his response has been "yeah could do" so seems like he's not interested? I don't want to just continue talking online cause I feel like it's pointless if we don't advance onto meeting in real, I like him but obviously I'd want to get to know him more in person as we don't get to speak much at work and when we do it's just small talk and basic things. Advice would be appreciated xx

ReputationRep:
    Catfish alert!

Keep looking for other guys.
    Don't waste too much time on this one. If he can't or won't see you in person then he's just a time-waster. Your time is valuable.

Use the three strikes and you're out rule. Make 3 firm suggestions for a meeting. 3 refusals or no-shows = out!

(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    Catfish alert!

Keep looking for other guys.
    Don't waste too much time on this one. If he can't or won't see you in person then he's just a time-waster. Your time is valuable.

Use the three strikes and you're out rule. Make 3 firm suggestions for a meeting. 3 refusals or no-shows = out!
    Could it be that he's shy? Like we talk in work a bit and loads on snapchat but I want to meet up outside of work. Should I suggest meeting up or ask him to actually do something like "Hey would you like to go to the cinema?" or like ask him over x

ReputationRep:
    Never ask anyone you've only met online to go to your place. Simple self preservation against the psycho's.
    Arrange to meet in a public place. Somewhere that will be busy. Somewhere you could scream for help, if need be.

But yeah, offer him a trip to Wetherspoons, or St Pauls Cathedral, or Diggerland or Pizza Hut or the cinema etc etc etc

It could be that he's shy. More likely to be 'cos he's married, or is a 13 year old mucking about or something like that. So far the signs are not good. But you never know. That's why it's best to move things along by offering appointments Hopefully he'll turn up and you'll both live happily ever after.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do you know what the guy looks like? I mean you said you got a new job and you met a guy but is he someone from your workplace?

(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    Never ask anyone you've only met online to go to your place. Simple self preservation against the psycho's.
    Arrange to meet in a public place. Somewhere that will be busy. Somewhere you could scream for help, if need be.

But yeah, offer him a trip to Wetherspoons, or St Pauls Cathedral, or Diggerland or Pizza Hut or the cinema etc etc etc

It could be that he's shy. More likely to be 'cos he's married, or is a 13 year old mucking about or something like that. So far the signs are not good. But you never know. That's why it's best to move things along by offering appointments Hopefully he'll turn up and you'll both live happily ever after.
    I've met him and spoken to him in real aha. We met at work and have spoken quite a few times just not met outside of work.

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Do you know what the guy looks like? I mean you said you got a new job and you met a guy but is he someone from your workplace?
    Yeah, I work with him so I've spoken to him quite a few times. I'm 17 so I only work part time
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, I work with him so I've spoken to him quite a few times. I'm 17 so I only work part time
    What is he like so far? As in his personality and stuff like that? Is he the same age as you?

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    What is he like so far? As in his personality and stuff like that? Is he the same age as you?
    He's 18, he's really nice, can be shy but seems confident sometimes too so not sure about that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He's 18, he's really nice, can be shy but seems confident sometimes too so not sure about that.
    Hmmmm , he's one of dem ones. Give it another couple of weeks, get to know him more, try and figure out the type of person he is and see how it goes from there

ReputationRep:
    He might be shy and seeing you in work is a safe place for him to be himself. Outside of work he might be nervous and, he might not want to seem too keen by saying ‘yes sure’, my Dad, brother and partner use ‘could do’ and it sounds non-committal but I’m sure it’s also a ‘guy thing’
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Try and ask him to meet out of work whilst you talk at work? I mean if he isn’t interested yes it will be slightly awkward at first but you will get over it trust me, but you might as well try you never know the outcome! Maybe strengthen talking to him at work and not rely on snapchat even though it may seem a lot easier X
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.