Need proof of address to open student account, but don't have any? Watch

yellowfan1555
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,

I've just booked an appointment for thursday to go into the bank and open a student account.

I have a student card, and photographic ID, but I don't have proof of address. I'm in a student house at the moment, and I moved here in september 2017, and I can't find anything that could be used.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by yellowfan1555)
Hi,

I've just booked an appointment for thursday to go into the bank and open a student account.

I have a student card, and photographic ID, but I don't have proof of address. I'm in a student house at the moment, and I moved here in september 2017, and I can't find anything that could be used.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks.
Rental agreement or a letter from your University, perhaps? If you already have a non-student bank account, don't you get statements from them?
yellowfan1555
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
Rental agreement or a letter from your University, perhaps? If you already have a non-student bank account, don't you get statements from them?
Not to this address, do you think printing off my contract for this house is suitable? If so, then I'll do that, thanks
Tiger Rag
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Are you on the electoral roll? I seem to remember my bank didn't require any proof of address as they could just check.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (1014)
90.29%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (109)
9.71%

Watched Threads