• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Sehar.k101)
    Soo..I got a helix cartilage ear piercing done against the words of my parents they specifically didn’t want me to get it done ..but as a rebellious teen girl I did 😂 I did it myself with a needle 2 days ago (clean) and now I have to wear my hair down all the time... so my cartilage was pierced but 2 days later the top of my ear is swollen quite a lot and is super red..I’m so scared that I’m going to get a keloid because if I do I would be so ANNOYED ANGRY AND SCARED. I have done research on keloids and hypertrophic scars and I seriously don’t know what to do.its so scary.its almost like I feel my ear ‘beeping’ as though it has a pulse..someone help me cure this am I being too paranoid or is there a problem? Attachment 727914Attachment 727916
    You say the needle was clean, but how do you know? Was it a piercing needle? Was the jewellery new and sterile? What is it made of? You should probably see someone about your ear as it could be infected

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly why your parents didn't want you to have it done

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.