Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have recently been offered a place at both Architecture and Architecture and Environmental Design at University of Westminster. I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about these courses and could help me decide which one to chose? What are the main differences? Architecture and Environmental Design is a new course, is it good? Has it been RIBA certified (the man who interview me wasn't sure about it when I asked him).
    Thankful for any help!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You would probably need to check with the university (and possibly RIBA themselves if they aren't forthcoming) to confirm if the course has been certified or is in the process of seeking certification. If it has been certified by RIBA the course webpage will normally indicate as such though - if it doesn't say anything on the matter, it's probably not (but check with them to make sure).

If one course is certified and one isn't, then provided you want to become an architect you'll of course want to go on the certified one. If they are both certified you should consider what interest you have in the environmental design side of the course, and what this would entail. If it's of great interest that may be preferable - otherwise you may want to hedge your bets and go with the standard course and potentially pursue some environmental design elements through projects/studio work (or, if applicable, optional modules - although this tends to be uncommon for architecture courses to some extent, as a formal separate entity as opposed to doing studio work in this realm).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.