Turn on thread page Beta

Premier League Winter Break watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's finally happening. 2 weeks at the start of February.

Thoughts? I'm glad they've left the Christmas period alone but surely January would have made more sense. Although I suppose it's going to help the English clubs in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Two weeks into February and you get the Champions League. I think it’s pretty decent timing and selection because the Christmas schedule is retained.

As for helping England in international tournaments, the players and manager aren’t good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Could it make English teams undercooked going into first CL knock-out fixtures?

I'm surprised they didn't do in January.. makes a lot of sense when the transfer window is open too.

ReputationRep:
    February is a good time with the New Year/FA Cup/transfer window completed and thus allowing new signings to get settled with their new clubs if - and I'd imagine most PL clubs - they go for a few weeks abroad. It'll help clubs in the European competitions and international football summer tournament years. Not in the immediacy, but wouldn't be surprised eventually clubs looking to cash in on a lucrative fixture in say Dubai or Saudi Arabia, basically the countries who will pay big money.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am surprised they didn't do it in January
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    As long as we keep the insane Boxing Day/New Year's Day fixtures then I'm fine with that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by UWS)
    As long as we keep the insane Boxing Day/New Year's Day fixtures then I'm fine with that.
    I'm glad it isn't in January either tbh.

It's a horrible month as it is - it's cold, it's dark, everyone is skint and it seems to go on forever. No football on top of that would be unbearable. From a footballing perspective i'm not sure where it would fit in either, you'd have to move the League Cup and FA Cup.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.