Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Soo..I got a helix cartilage ear piercing done against the words of my parents they specifically didn’t want me to get it done ..but as a rebellious teen girl I did 😂 I did it myself with a needle 2 days ago (clean) and now I have to wear my hair down all the time... so my cartilage was pierced but 2 days later the top of my ear is swollen quite a lot and is super red..I’m so scared that I’m going to get a keloid because if I do I would be so ANNOYED ANGRY AND SCARED. I have done research on keloids and hypertrophic scars and I seriously don’t know what to do.its so scary.its almost like I feel my ear ‘beeping’ as though it has a pulse..someone help me cure this am I being too paranoid or is there a problem? Attachment 727914Attachment 727916
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How many times are you gonna post the same thing?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I dunno, like from where Im looking, it looks nice.

ReputationRep:
    Two days later, yes it is going to swell and throb - it’s healing, yes it would’ve been safer to do professionally but it’s your decision at the end of the day... are you cleaning it everyday? got mine done (professionally ahah) over a year ago now and it still occasionally throbs,it’s normal. I understand you’re trying to hide it from your parents but you need to try and have your hair up as much as possible as it tends to get caught up in the earring and makes it irritated. Don’t sleep on it otherwise it can swell and change the position of the piercing, is the earring made of a suitable material? Also the majority of the time “keloids” are hypotrophic scarring which yes is annoying, I experienced it but during the summer holidays did a salt soak for a week or so and it cleared.

Basically if after a year it is really REALLY painful or if before then it does have a genuine keloid on it youre going to have to tell someone to get it sorted - your parents will find out sooner or later hahaha good luck X

(Original post by beeea)
    Two days later, yes it is going to swell and throb - it’s healing, yes it would’ve been safer to do professionally but it’s your decision at the end of the day... are you cleaning it everyday? got mine done (professionally ahah) over a year ago now and it still occasionally throbs,it’s normal. I understand you’re trying to hide it from your parents but you need to try and have your hair up as much as possible as it tends to get caught up in the earring and makes it irritated. Don’t sleep on it otherwise it can swell and change the position of the piercing, is the earring made of a suitable material? Also the majority of the time “keloids” are hypotrophic scarring which yes is annoying, I experienced it but during the summer holidays did a salt soak for a week or so and it cleared.
    Basically if after a year it is really REALLY painful or if before then it does have a genuine keloid on it youre going to have to tell someone to get it sorted - your parents will find out sooner or later hahaha good luck X
    Please tell me how t clea it because its still been 4 days now its still throbbing super red an VERY swollen ..please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please tell me how t clea it because its still been 4 days now its still throbbing super red an VERY swollen ..please help
    You did it yourself, ensure the earring is of best quality
    Clean it with no fragrance no alcohol soap twice a day
    If you don’t have any good soap mix salt in warm water until it is dissolved then soak your piercing in it with a cotton pad
    Yes it’s going to throb and be red it’s still fresh, just let it be, do not fiddle with it or let hair get tied up around it
    Avoid getting soap/shampoo on it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.