The Student Room Group

Pressurising boyfriend?!?

Hey guys
I’m 16 and I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 7 months. I understand we’ve been together for a long time and he’s a guy but he keeps asking me for sex and keeps trying to persuade me too do it and I don’t want too.
What do I do?
Xxxxx
Tell him straight up that you aren't ready for it, he should understand that if you're not ready, you're not ready
Don’t give in to him if you don’t want to have sex. If he can’t respect your choice, that’s his problem, not yours.
Reply 3
Original post by Minnie.millie
Hey guys
I’m 16 and I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 7 months. I understand we’ve been together for a long time and he’s a guy but he keeps asking me for sex and keeps trying to persuade me too do it and I don’t want too.
What do I do?
Xxxxx

Tell him straight out that you're not ready and that if he doesn't stop, you need to break I because you can't be with someone who doesn't respect your wishes.

A problem is that at this age, guys just want to do it to be the "cool" ones. Not caring about anything else.
At what point will you have had enough and find someone who's not pressurising you to do something you don't want to do?
Original post by Devify
Tell him straight out that you're not ready and that if he doesn't stop, you need to break I because you can't be with someone who doesn't respect your wishes.

A problem is that at this age, guys just want to do it to be the "cool" ones. Not caring about anything else.

I’ve told him I’m not ready yet and when I tell him he gets all annoyed with me and it makes me feel bad but I’m just scared that’s all and I feel silly for being scared cause all my friends are doing it but i haven’t. So I’m not sure how too feel or how to make him happy because I’m worried if I don’t have sex hell break up with me :frown:
Reply 6
I’ve told him I’m not ready yet and when I tell him he gets all annoyed with me and it makes me feel bad but I’m just scared that’s all and I feel silly for being scared cause all my friends are doing it but i haven’t. So I’m not sure how too feel or how to make him happy because I’m worried if I don’t have sex hell break up with me :frown:

Is it worth being with someone who only wants sex out if you? There's plenty of guys around. Don't get pressured into something you'll regret

'If you lend a friend £20 and never see them again, it's the best £20 you will spend' - if all they wanted was money, they were not really your friend.

Here, if he wants sex regardless of whether or not you do - if he makes you feel bad - he's not really a boyfriend. It hasn't got this far, but there's a word for a man who has sex with someone who doesn't want to have sex with them.

If this relationship ends over this, it will be very good for you. You get to choose someone else who will respect your choices. It's extremely likely that when you find someone like that and are ready to be sexual with them, the sex will be better too. Rather than lying there thinking 'I don't really want to do this', you can relax with someone where the feelings are mutual and enjoy it.

You don't need to feel guilty about all this, he does. He's not being denied orgasms - he doubtless masturbates - and there will almost certainly be someone willing to have partner sex with him. It just doesn't have to be you...

Some of your friends are lying about doing it.
Original post by unprinted
'If you lend a friend £20 and never see them again, it's the best £20 you will spend' - if all they wanted was money, they were not really your friend.

Here, if he wants sex regardless of whether or not you do - if he makes you feel bad - he's not really a boyfriend. It hasn't got this far, but there's a word for a man who has sex with someone who doesn't want to have sex with them.

If this relationship ends over this, it will be very good for you. You get to choose someone else who will respect your choices. It's extremely likely that when you find someone like that and are ready to be sexual with them, the sex will be better too. Rather than lying there thinking 'I don't really want to do this', you can relax with someone where the feelings are mutual and enjoy it.

You don't need to feel guilty about all this, he does. He's not being denied orgasms - he doubtless masturbates - and there will almost certainly be someone willing to have partner sex with him. It just doesn't have to be you...

Some of your friends are lying about doing it.

Yeah i was thinking about breaking up with him but i feel guilty about it I don’t know why. He says he loves me but I think he may be after sex rather then love and that makes me feel really bad:frown: i feel comfortable with him doing other things but sex is kinda one step further and it’s not becausr I don’t like him its because he’s pressurising me into it and that why I don’t want to give in too him. Thank you for you’re advise ☺️
Break up . It’s just not fair how he’s treating you . You should find someone more understanding that doesn’t pressurise you :smile: . Maybe next time he gets angry use that as a chance to break up . Don’t feel bad . You’d probably feel worse if you did give to him

Quick Reply

Latest