Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A lot of male friends end up flirting watch

Announcements

I'm a 26 year-old female have had about 6 male friends in the last 2 years or so. 4 of them have ended up making comments to me, and the 2 who haven't are gay.

They have all made suggestive comments about seeing me in a bikini, told me I'm hot, very pretty, comments about my cleavage etc..

I find it inappopriate; the thing is for me they were really just friends and I never flirted with them or hinted in any way at all that I might be interested. I talked a lot to them but I even talked about guys I liked and stuff and asked for advice; I now feel like I can't really be as close with them because I don't know if they're seeing me in a sexual way and that's why we're friends.

Any advice about this? Does anyone else have the same experiences/things I could do to avoid it? Thank you

hmm, they seem dodgy; stay away. Find new friends or something!

As a girl, I can say that there are some really nice dudes out there who are willing to just be friends!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah it's annoying when you think you've found someone cool you can confide in and then they come out with comments like that.. it makes you wonder what the motivation for the friendship is. I hope there are, I just don't know where to find them !! haha

ReputationRep:
    Easy answer find new friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a 26 year-old female have had about 6 male friends in the last 2 years or so. 4 of them have ended up making comments to me, and the 2 who haven't are gay.

They have all made suggestive comments about seeing me in a bikini, told me I'm hot, very pretty, comments about my cleavage etc..

I find it inappopriate; the thing is for me they were really just friends and I never flirted with them or hinted in any way at all that I might be interested. I talked a lot to them but I even talked about guys I liked and stuff and asked for advice; I now feel like I can't really be as close with them because I don't know if they're seeing me in a sexual way and that's why we're friends.

Any advice about this? Does anyone else have the same experiences/things I could do to avoid it? Thank you
    Just be straight with them and say you're not interested in a sexual relationship. Don't just be drastic and ditch them without warning like some are suggesting to you.

I am male, and no matter if we're just friends, inevitably i will probably fall for my female friends and see most things as a sign that she likes me
    pretty sad and messed up, i know, but it always happens, no matter if i liked them on the first place
    Dont ask me why
    But your friends arent being creepy, they just cant help it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Almost impossible to have a group of straight male friends where the relationship is platonic on both sides as an attractive female......

I suggest you dump all these male friends for female friends and you won't have this problem

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.