Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I somehow got an unconditional offer from Cardiff University for CS with final grades of BBC (Math, Physics, and Chemistry respectfully) when the requirements stated are ABB. This had me skeptical (maybe I put my grades In UCAS the wrong way) because the other unis that strictly required BBC gave me conditional offers. I accepted the Cardiff offer regardless but I haven't got any confirmation from them. Am I overreacting or should I contact them?

ReputationRep:
    Check your application on UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grand wizard)
    Check your application on UCAS
    No problems with UCAS, but still nothing from Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    So I somehow got an unconditional offer from Cardiff University for CS with final grades of BBC (Math, Physics, and Chemistry respectfully) when the requirements stated are ABB. This had me skeptical (maybe I put my grades In UCAS the wrong way) because the other unis that strictly required BBC gave me conditional offers. I accepted the Cardiff offer regardless but I haven't got any confirmation from them. Am I overreacting or should I contact them?
    Computer science usually goes into clearing. So Cardiff tends to be more flexible with the grades depending on number of applications. So if you already had your grades confirmed, they may have given you an unconditional.

They can make mistakes tho, my friend got an offer that was retracted because they didn't notice he didn't have GCSE maths at B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Computer science usually goes into clearing. So Cardiff tends to be more flexible with the grades depending on number of applications. So if you already had your grades confirmed, they may have given you an unconditional.

They can make mistakes tho, my friend got an offer that was retracted because they didn't notice he didn't have GCSE maths at B.
    Oof. Hopefully, It's legitimate, because I don't really want to get to any of my other choices or go through clearing to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.