Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey There,

I would be most grateful for any thoughts on the course ideally from formal or current students at Kings. Is the course and department any good? There are hardly any reviews and I’ve noticed that the drop out rate is quite high so I’m a bit worried. I initially applied for International Relations but got declined and offered History instead. When I got back to them asking if they could offer me joint degree (history & IR) they offer me European Politics instead saying that IR is extremely competitive.

I’m sure I would enjoy History, but I’m a bit worried about job prospects as ideally I’d like to land a job with an NGO and I’m not quite sure if I want to do postgrad yet so European Politics sounds more promising in that sense.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened with me. Applied for IR and got European Politics. I'm not a European so hold a very little connect and interest in studying European Politics as such. I asked them to consider me for PPE or Political Economy but they refused. I'm worried that an offer for this course is of no use to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Polir!
    Is that your only offer? Applied for PPE through UCAS Extra, but received an offer for European Politics instead (IB HL 6, 6, 5, Total 35). The fundamental problem is that I have been mentioning Politics only at the last paragraph of the PS (I’ve had an internship at the Ministry of Education back in Latvia & organised Euro-Parliament session there), the rest was about economics. The issue I’ve found there is that I am an economist by the mindset and want to perceive a career at the Central Banking/Market Regulator not that much as a Civil Servant “in general”. Anyone else with the same situation?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.