Turn on thread page Beta

Help my boyfriend is away to Kilimanjaro watch

I wonder if anyone can help me! My boyfriend is away to Kilimanjaro and he left yesterday (Monday) and won’t be back till next Thursday. I haven’t stopped crying since he left and I miss him so much. We have been together 3 years and been on 6 holidays together. We live together at his and haven’t been apart for the 3 years. So now I’m back at my house for the time being and I’m going crazy. I don’t know what to do with myself and any plans that I made in the past to try and make me feel better I am cancelling as I just want to lie in bed and cry. 10 days seems like ages away and I feel sick anytime I think about it as I can’t stand not talking to him. I’m always worried about his safety and it is very dangerous and not sure what could happen. Please someone help me😢
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wonder if anyone can help me! My boyfriend is away to Kilimanjaro and he left yesterday (Monday) and won’t be back till next Thursday. I haven’t stopped crying since he left and I miss him so much. We have been together 3 years and been on 6 holidays together. We live together at his and haven’t been apart for the 3 years. So now I’m back at my house for the time being and I’m going crazy. I don’t know what to do with myself and any plans that I made in the past to try and make me feel better I am cancelling as I just want to lie in bed and cry. 10 days seems like ages away and I feel sick anytime I think about it as I can’t stand not talking to him. I’m always worried about his safety and it is very dangerous and not sure what could happen. Please someone help me😢
    Are you able to have any contact with him or get any updates so you know he's safe? Take the time to remember who you are outside of the relationship. 10 days really isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things but it'd be good for you to get out with your friends and have some time for yourself. You aren't just your relationship

Why is he there? If he's on holiday then let him chill, woman.

i wish someone was this obsessive over me

No contact atall until he is down the hill on Monday morning which is only 5 days and for the other few days it will be little contact. I want to go have fun but i Just can’t stop worrying

He’s away climbing Kilimanjaro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No contact atall until he is down the hill on Monday morning which is only 5 days and for the other few days it will be little contact. I want to go have fun but i Just can’t stop worrying
    you can send and receive texts on Kili but don't bug him, just send a good luck or something for his summit attempt

you seriously need to grow up, it's 10 days, that's nothing and if you can't cope alone you need to learn how to... of course you miss him but it's not a long time and a normal adult should cope with that, my partner goes away 2-5 x a year alone for work and I don't fall apart in the meantime... I just keep busy and plan something me-time

also, kili really isn't dangerous, like 1 person a year dies and it's usually an older person who has a heart attack... if he gets altitude sickness he'll just go back down

ReputationRep:
    this is clearly having a devastating effect on you. your doctor can perhaps help you with something to help you sleep. also group therapy might be useful.

ReputationRep:
    It's unhealthy to be so entirely psychologically and emotionally dependent on your partner. He's having the adventure of a lifetime. Be happy for him, and get on with your own life. If you stay together, and have kids together, you'll have to work on building your own autonomy, or you'll be broken when the kids grow up and leave home.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.