What’s the strangest way you have saved money? Watch

emilynxlan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Myself, I put all of my £1 coins into a Coca Cola bottle and when once it’s full put the money into the bank.
Name:  A8B33D75-2F1E-4044-A357-D4763C086388.jpg.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  26.8 KB
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Not spending it, always awkward and difficult.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JedEmily)
Myself, I put all of my £1 coins into a Coca Cola bottle and when once it’s full put the money into the bank.
Name:  A8B33D75-2F1E-4044-A357-D4763C086388.jpg.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  26.8 KB
Im similar in that i put my 1p, 2p and 5p's in a money box and once i have a few bags worth put them in the bank.
frances98
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Everytime I use my card to pay for something (or maybe at the end of the day) I round down to the nearest pound and transfer into my savings account. Sometimes its 10p sometimes its 90p but it all adds up and feels like you're not actually doing anything. Then at the end of the week (a sunday night) I do the same but to the nearest 10 pound
hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have a similar system! I've got a jar where I collect all my €2 coins, which I started at the beginning of secondary school (almost 6 years ago), and I'll open it after graduation (in three months!!) and do something fun with the money. I think there's between €300 and €500 in it
Simonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by hysterria)
I have a similar system! I've got a jar where I collect all my €2 coins, which I started at the beginning of secondary school (almost 6 years ago), and I'll open it after graduation (in three months!!) and do something fun with the money. I think there's between €300 and €500 in it

That is so cool. What do you think you will spend it on?
Notoriety
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Not brushing my teeth. Saves me 1 quid a month.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Using dock leaves or moss to wipe my arse.
Simonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Not brushing my teeth. Saves me 1 quid a month.
Not worth it. What about your friend/ family and partner having to put up with this. The dental bill will soon negate this false saving in the long run.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Simonthegreat)
Not worth it. What about your friend/ family and partner having to put up with this. The dental bill will soon negate this false saving in the long run.
NHS foots the bill, son. Do you think I didn't think this through before determining to live an ascetic life?

I don't waste money on any of these luxuries you kids were born into. Right now, I am stealing my neighbour's Wi-Fi and the laptop is borrowed from my local library. You might say, but you pay council tax so you're in part funding your browsing habits. Wrong, sir; I ignored the summons letters and my money is locked safely away under my mattress.
Simonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
NHS foots the bill, son. Do you think I didn't think this through before determining to live an ascetic life?

I don't waste money on any of these luxuries you kids were born into. Right now, I am stealing my neighbour's Wi-Fi and the laptop is borrowed from my local library. You might say, but you pay council tax so you're in part funding your browsing habits. Wrong, sir; I ignored the summons letters and my money is locked safely away under my mattress.
How old are you? You have to pay for your dental treatment as far as I know unless you are a child. You are very lucky if you can borrow a laptop and that is a good move. Stealing Wifi- not sure mate. How much have you saved with all these moves? Is it really worth it?
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How old are you? You have to pay for your dental treatment as far as I know unless you are a child. You are very lucky if you can borrow a laptop and that is a good move. Stealing Wifi- not sure mate. How much have you saved with all these moves? Is it really worth it?
No, if you're on the dole or low income you can get your dental treatment paid for.

Btw, I was taking the piss.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
:laugh: :laugh:
Simonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No, if you're on the dole or low income you can get your dental treatment paid for.

Btw, I was taking the piss.

Well it takes all sorts. Go on the tube and you can get really smelly people, so who knows
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
use the Mcdonalds toilet instead of paying 50p at the train station, saved about £50 over the past 10 years
username3741972
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I put the money up my bum but completely forgot about it and then i got my periods so yh rip to my £10,000.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well it takes all sorts. Go on the tube and you can get really smelly people, so who knows
I am actually an OCD clean freak, if that helps.

Trust me, you get smellier people in Poundland. I remember actually gagging one time; it took Jedi mind tricks to hold it in. This sweaty hambeast had left the pertinent aisle 30 secs prior and I presumed it was now safe for humans, but its violent pungency ... lingered, like the Black Death.
Simonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am actually an OCD clean freak, if that helps.

Trust me, you get smellier people in Poundland. I remember actually gagging one time; it took Jedi mind tricks to hold it in. This sweaty hambeast had left the pertinent aisle 30 secs prior and I presumed it was now safe for humans, but its violent pungency ... lingered, like the Black Death.
Ha Ha
hysterria
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That is so cool. What do you think you will spend it on?
Probably a dslr camera!
Tiger Rag
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Keep it sensible please guys!

What do I do to save money? Well, similar to others really - I put all my change (anything below 50p) into a money box and when it gets full I deposit it into my account. Or if my credit card needs paying off, I'll use it towards that.

I run and if I do a single digit run, I'll put 50p into a jar and £1 in if I do a double digit run. It paid for my club membership last year plus a club t-shirt.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (1113)
90.19%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (121)
9.81%

Watched Threads