Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Interview help! I mentioned a book in my Personal statement watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have an interview coming up very soon for medicine and the interviewers look at your personal statement. I mentioned a book in my personal statement and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what kind of questions they may ask regarding the book?

Any responses are much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Well, we had a mock interview, so I don't know if I'll be very helpful. However, in the mock, all the interviewer asked about the book was "What's the book about?".

ReputationRep:
    What book was it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    They'll generally just ask what you learnt from the book and found interesting. If the book was on a particular area, they may ask a science question related to it and expect you to be able to give a decent answer using the knowledge you gained from that book.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Joy79)
    Hey, I have an interview coming up very soon for medicine and the interviewers look at your personal statement. I mentioned a book in my personal statement and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what kind of questions they may ask regarding the book?

Any responses are much appreciated.
    I was in a similar situation to you when I did my interviews - I can't remember which university but they asked me:

- why I thought the book was relevant? (as in why did I bother mentioning it in my personal statement out of all the books I've read)
    - what have you learnt from that book that would be helpful in your future as a medical student?

My book was more of a textbook rather than a novel though so the questions might differ - just make sure you've actually read the book!

Task UEA Official UG Rep

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.