The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Music scene in Bath

About to select Bath University as my firm offer, does anybody know much about the music scene in the city? I know that Bristol isn't far away but I'm hoping that Bath will have something to offer
Every Sunday there's a violinist who plays in the city centre. #Truefact
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by ageo7
About to select Bath University as my firm offer, does anybody know much about the music scene in the city? I know that Bristol isn't far away but I'm hoping that Bath will have something to offer

I'll move this over to the Bath subforum.

Have you visited the university? How about checking Google Maps for venues nearby?
Hi - thanks for your question!

Although Bath is on the smaller side when it comes to cities, there is still lots to do here.

There are a number of bars and pubs in the city centre who host live music acts very regularly. Bath's main live entertainment venue is Komedia, where there are a large variety of music acts, as well as club nights with live music. There are many clubs in Bath with a variety of music genres and different nights to appeal a wide range of tastes. As you said, Bristol is only a short train journey away and there are a lot of music venues there.

If you are interested in getting involved in music yourself, the SU has many societies catering to a variety of interests. These societies practice and perform regularly at our new building called The Edge, which is a purpose built arts and music centre.

Anymore questions, please let me know!

Leah
1st Year Chemical Engineering

Quick Reply