Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So.... I am currently in year 13, doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
    I have about 3 months till my exams - they run from the 4th of June to the 20th of June.
    I have decided to take a gap year because my predicted grades were BBB and I needed higher to apply for the unis that I wanted to go to.
    Even though I thought this wouldn’t happen and I convinced myself that I wasn’t going to let it happen, I have sort of become a bit demotivated ( I guess it’s partly because I don’t have the pressure of actually having uni applications/offers) and my grades are severely suffering because if it 😬
    I have never been an overly motivated person in terms of studying and I am finding it really difficult to physically sit down and get revision done. I also haven’t quite found a revision technique that works for me ( ahhhhh!!)

My plan for this post is to document what work and revision I am doing everyday and maybe, hopefully, with me having to physically sit down and write what I have done, it will make me realise that I need to start pulling my socks up and getting on with it ( and start to see an improvement hopefully)

If you are in a similar situation feel free to post what you have done everyday and it might help you too, and maybe even help to motivate other people.

If you are a motivated person and are getting on with your revision, please feel free to tell me to get my s*** together 😂😂 might help me to push myself further.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to watching this thread grow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    Look forward to watching this thread grow
    Thanks, hopefully I’ll be able to keep it up and other people will join too 😃

ReputationRep:
    First update😃
    So we had a snow day off school today (looking like we’re gonna have another one tomorrow hopefully 😂) so I went back to bed for a few hours when I found out cause I was sooooo tired.
    I had a bit of a lazy morning once I had got up but I did some tidying/cleaning in my room for about half an hour and then did some biology revision for 45 minutes from 14:10 to 14:55, I was doing about hormones and the regulation of blood glucose concentrations which I’m actually finding quite interesting 😃 and then my mum called me down for lunch.
    We watched some tv and stuff and then I got back on with some more biology revision from about 16:10 till 18:40 which I’m quite proud of(I had some little phone breaks when I started to lose concentration) and now I’m having a slightly bigger break and I’m going to move to chemistry and finish a plan that we have to do for one of the required practicals which we’re meant to be doing tomorrow if school is open.

I was actually enjoying revision today 😂 (I guess snow makes me more productive) and I did a lot more revision than I would usually do on a day off from school. It’s not the most I could have done but it’s a good step in the right direction.

I have also found a revision/note making technique which I am liking and it’s helping me to remember stuff so that’s another good thing about today 😃😃

How has everyone else’s day been ??? ☺️😃

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, I am watching this...! What GCSE's did you come out with?

Currently in y10 and procrastinating with revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    Awesome, I am watching this...! What GCSE's did you come out with?

Currently in y10 and procrastinating with revision!
    I got 3A’s, 6B’s and 2C’s at GCSE which I was pretty proud of, I could have done a bit better if I’d revised more 😂
    I wish I had known about tsr at that point cause it probably would have motivated me a bit more.

Hopefully this will help you a bit with getting your revision done, but don’t worry too much yet cause you’ve still got a while to go before exams, but make sure you understand everything and maybe start to make neat notes now that you can look back at easily when it comes to proper revision. Even just reading over the stuff that you’ve done during the week at the weekend will help get it into your head 😃

What GCSE’s are you doing ???

Feel free to post what revision you’ve been doing in here and it might help motivate you aswell x

ReputationRep:
    Update😃
    Had another snow day today buttttt I haven’t done any work 😬 been out with Mum and then friends and had an appointment to go to so I haven’t been very productive today in terms of studying...

I’m about to get a little bit of psychology homework done before it’s too late and I’m too tired, so at least that will be something 👍🏻

What has everyone else been up to today ???

ReputationRep:
    Update 😃
    Back at school today 🙁 still snowy tho ☺️
    Had a psychology lesson first where I got quite a lot done cause we had to catch up on a lot of stuff, just got to finish a bit off for homework for next Thursday. And had a Biology lesson 4th period where we carried on with blood glucose levels and looked at diabetes. Don’t have another lesson with that teacher now till a week on Tuesday cause we’ve got a training day on Friday which is our only lesson next week. Going to go over all the stuff in that topic really well and make sure I understand everything before that lesson.

My friends coming over tomorrow for a study day and we’re gonna be doing chemistry cause we’ve got a test on Monday so we’re gonna go over everything, do questions and test each other to see if we know it all 😃

Hope everyone had a good day ☺️😃

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.