Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mood swings, a plea for help watch

Announcements

Sometimes I am very confident in my looks and the way i conduct myself, other times I feel very sad/ depressed (a very numb feeling). I become very insecure during the latter stage. I feel it may be as a result of being unattractive although I have been told I am not. Another theory of mine is that I am not very good at making a rapport with new people and making friends with new people, this is very damaging to me, it almost seems as if people just don't want to be friends with me. At school academically i am on my way to at least 3 A's at the end of year 1 of A levels, but in terms of friends, I have a few best friends but it almost feels like they have their best friends and I'm just an another pawn for them. It has happened for quite a while now since late 2017. I am a 16 year old boy and it is a really **** feeling, if anyone can give me advice, I'll be grateful. I can't really talk about this to my mates because:
    A) We are a guys so it feels bad to.
    B) I feel like I am just going to drag them down to my level of sadness and it won't make a very pleasant atmosphere to talk to them.
    Any advice is great for me thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sometimes I am very confident in my looks and the way i conduct myself, other times I feel very sad/ depressed (a very numb feeling). I become very insecure during the latter stage. I feel it may be as a result of being unattractive although I have been told I am not. Another theory of mine is that I am not very good at making a rapport with new people and making friends with new people, this is very damaging to me, it almost seems as if people just don't want to be friends with me. At school academically i am on my way to at least 3 A's at the end of year 1 of A levels, but in terms of friends, I have a few best friends but it almost feels like they have their best friends and I'm just an another pawn for them. It has happened for quite a while now since late 2017. I am a 16 year old boy and it is a really **** feeling, if anyone can give me advice, I'll be grateful. I can't really talk about this to my mates because:
    B) I feel like I am just going to drag them down to my level of sadness and it won't make a very pleasant atmosphere to talk to them.
    I'm going to pop this into the Mental health section.
    Sounds like it might be worth you seeing somebody like your GP or trying some counselling. Can't be easy feeling like that and they can help. You don't need to worry about dragging them down or anything either- it's literally their job to talk about stuff like this.
    Although, I think your friends could be more understanding than you would think so don't totally rule out talking to them.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    quiet often you will find in this society and culture that making friends is secondary to people

what they care about is
    aesthetics
    popularit

no-one will take time to know you even if you are polite or a bubbly person that has respect for others..

often you will see the loudest guys are usually awkward when not receiving attention

and for girls it's a struggle because cattiness is always present, look at feminism.. it is dominated by body exploitation

in schools girls huddle up, talk about people, act two faced when they see another girl

if a girl likes a guy she will do a complete 180 turn on her personality to impress him, for instance she might speak slang with her friends but not around the guy and his friends

unfortunately it is the world we live in
    lack of parenting skills at it's finest
    parents trust the government to dictate their child's upbringing

what we need
    more friendliness
    patience! the time to talk and get to know others
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.