GCSE English Literature 2018: which poem is most likely to come up? Watch

bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For the power and conflict cluster, what do you think/what have your teachers said might come up and what might not? There are a few poems in the cluster that I HATE and it would be great to know if they’re likely to come up or not so that I can prioritise learning the others. Thanks
MoonlightTiger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bluemuffin)
For the power and conflict cluster, what do you think/what have your teachers said might come up and what might not? There are a few poems in the cluster that I HATE and it would be great to know if they’re likely to come up or not so that I can prioritise learning the others. Thanks
You cannot really predict what poem will come up, you are better off remembering all of them, even if you hate some.
https://youtu.be/AhopcQcilzk Link to a video, I suggest you watch Mr Bruff, he has analysed the poems and how to compare them.
smeagol19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my teacher is saying maybe a power of nature one as it was conflict (bayonet charge) last year, but there is no way of knowing.
at least you get to choose which to compare it to even if a bad one comes up though
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the English study help forum where hopefully you'll get more answers In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread
HettiBetti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Probably Tissue, Checking out me history, London or the emigreee!!!
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
(Original post by HettiBetti)
Probably Tissue, Checking out me history, London or the emigreee!!!
Thanks!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HettiBetti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks!
Make sure you revise the others these are only a prediction!!! I am bad at English!!!
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
(Original post by HettiBetti)
Make sure you revise the others these are only a prediction!!! I am bad at English!!!
Me too 😭😂
HettiBetti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too 😭😂
Welcome to the team..Girl!!!
josht20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it wont be tissue because it is a level 9 poem and it wont be easily interpreted by level 1 students because we dont have tiers anymore the poems have to be for everyone for level 1 to level 9. its a blessing in disguise also in my opinion from looking at the figures it would be my last duchess and best paired with Ozymandias due to the fact that they both have not been on any practice or sample papers also they are both reasonably easy to interpret
Yeaaaaaazs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can't be ozymandias that was the specimen paper
George.c
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by josht20)
it wont be tissue because it is a level 9 poem and it wont be easily interpreted by level 1 students because we dont have tiers anymore the poems have to be for everyone for level 1 to level 9. its a blessing in disguise also in my opinion from looking at the figures it would be my last duchess and best paired with Ozymandias due to the fact that they both have not been on any practice or sample papers also they are both reasonably easy to interpret
What was the poem in last year's GCSEs?
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
(Original post by George.c)
What was the poem in last year's GCSEs?
Bayonet charge for AQA
George.c
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bayonet charge for AQA
Thanks. Do you reckon Ozymandias or London would come up for AQA on Friday
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
(Original post by George.c)
Thanks. Do you reckon Ozymandias or London would come up for AQA on Friday
Not ozymandias I don't think because it came up in the specimen paper. But there's a good chance it could be London. I have no idea though so obviously revise everything!
_solitary_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The specimen paper was made 4 years ago so ozymandias could come up
EpicKapi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It would be nice if Exposure would come up, or even Kamikaze as those poems are nice and easy to compare
EG27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is highly unlikely to be Bayonet Charge, but could be anything, a little more likely to be a power poem though.
How are people comparing the poems? Are you just going to do it in the exam because I'm just comparing all of them to either Ozy or Remains and them doing tissue or kamikaze if its one of them.
PandaCatFish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI guys, i know some of you are stressing to what might come on the exam, ill tell you now that prelude, Tissues or kamikaze, it would probably poppies or remains maybe charge of the light Brigade, you never know. Just revise all, just in case, i am not the godist, XD please don't relay on this, but i know it can't be tissues. Bye, and best of luck for Friday
PandaCatFish
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI guys, i know some of you are stressing to what might come on the exam, ill tell you now that prelude, Tissues or kamikaze might not come up , it would probably poppies or remains maybe charge of the light Brigade, you never know. Just revise all, just in case, i am not the godist, XD please don't relay on this, but i know it can't be tissues. Bye, and best of luck for Friday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.32%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (36)
18.18%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.59%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.16%

Watched Threads