Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Social anxiety and working (future plans, marriage etc..) watch

Announcements

Hi guys,

I am a guy who is in his early 20s. I suffer from social anxiety. I get nervous working with more than 5 people. I am just worried about my future prospects. How can I get a job if I get so nervous during the interview phase. And if some how luckily, I get a job how will I deal with work life. My interest is to go into banking/consulting/insurance. This requires working with clients/lots of team members.

I am worried how I will do this. I just worry for the future. How will I get a decent job? I cannot help who I am. I try my best. I try to push myself, I try to act more confident etc..

I am also worried in the future how I will get married, make more friends etc.. I am someone who has no close friends. Only 2 guys that I meet once in a blue moon.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys,

I am a guy who is in his early 20s. I suffer from social anxiety. I get nervous working with more than 5 people. I am just worried about my future prospects. How can I get a job if I get so nervous during the interview phase. And if some how luckily, I get a job how will I deal with work life. My interest is to go into banking/consulting/insurance. This requires working with clients/lots of team members.

I am worried how I will do this. I just worry for the future. How will I get a decent job? I cannot help who I am. I try my best. I try to push myself, I try to act more confident etc..

I am also worried in the future how I will get married, make more friends etc.. I am someone who has no close friends. Only 2 guys that I meet once in a blue moon.
    Are you receiving any kind of professional help? You may find you really benefit from this and this could help you to achieve what you want to. Don't feel like you have to be stuck where you are

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.