Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    My partner wants to enroll for Dental Nursing diploma, can she do it if she has Hepatitis B? We are not entirely sure that she has it, as I was the one who tested positive first.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Chanteure)
    Hello,
    My partner wants to enroll for Dental Nursing diploma, can she do it if she has Hepatitis B? We are not entirely sure that she has it, as I was the one who tested positive first.
    Firstly, she needs to be tested as you could be worrying about something entirely irrelevant.

If she is positively tested, she should contact her course provider for advice on how to proceed and whether she would be eligible to continue on the course. Generally if you are known to be infected with hepatitis B, you would be excluded from taking part in any exposure prone procedures, so basically anything involving sharp objects or needles where there is a risk the hep B could be passed to a patient.

Government guidance on hep B in healthcare workers can be found here:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...and-management

According to this government publication, dental nurses are not indemnified to perform exposure prone procedures:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...fessionals.pdf

So ultimately, it shouldn't be an issue, but it is always best to discuss with the course provider.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.