Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    i have trouble spelling
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    your school/college/university will have an accessibility team (or for the former two, more likely an individual staff member) who can assess you for it, or refer you to someone who can. You may be entitled to extra time in exams or other reasonable adjustments in line with the Equality Act (2010) if this is the case, so there's no harm in being assessed to see. It's not a "test" or "exam" in the sense that you can't fail, they just help provide any extra assistance you might require

    I'm not entirely sure how the format of a) a dyslexia assessment (or similar) and b) in the school college realm goes, as I was assessed at uni by the accessibility team for other mental health difficulties. In my experience it was a fairly informal chat, although the assessor did take some notes about my experiences, and ran through a couple check lists with me, discussing what difficulties I had found, and then she suggested some possible adjustments and we discussed which would be helpful for me.
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.