Turn on thread page Beta

SR 2018: Cerian's #Walking4Wellness Blog watch

ReputationRep:
    I've given up on blogs twice now, but here's hoping this one will actually be successful! Third time lucky, eh?
    After finding out about the Sport Relief forum today, I decided to join the TeamTSR league despite being a little late. I mean, it's better late than never, right? This #Walking4Wellness stuff also sounded fun so I obviously wanted in. It feels great to be part of an amazing league.
    I have to admit, I don't walk half as much as most people, but now that I'm part of the TeamTSR league, I'm determined to put in the effort and increase my step count! After all, it increases my physical activity and increases the likelihood of TeamTSR reaching our goal...talk about a win-win.

So yeah, that's pretty much the reason I started this blog. I only joined about an hour ago so I haven't got anything to document for today, but the first update will definitely be tomorrow! Until then, I'm out.

Edit: If anyone wants to be tagged, please let me know!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hi! Welcome to #TeamTSR (I'm not even sure if that's a hash tag. I don't do the twitter thing ).

Definitely better late than never. Even a few steps is progress towards our donation goals.
    Good luck with your steps. Do you have any goals yet or are you just seeing how it goes to start with? I had no idea what steps actually equated to to start with. Had no idea if numbers were big or small. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Hi! Welcome to #TeamTSR (I'm not even sure if that's a hash tag. I don't do the twitter thing ).

Definitely better late than never. Even a few steps is progress towards our donation goals.
    Good luck with your steps. Do you have any goals yet or are you just seeing how it goes to start with? I had no idea what steps actually equated to to start with. Had no idea if numbers were big or small. :rolleyes:
    Hey, thanks for checking this blog. Haven't really got a goal as of yet. I'm just intending to see how it goes first of all; after seeing how many steps I can fit in, I'll set a goal for myself.
    Again, thank you for checking this blog out. If you have one, feel free to drop the link. I'm more than happy to sub to other's blogs.

ReputationRep:
    :hi: Subbing!! Good luck with your steps!! :rave:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    :hi: Subbing!! Good luck with your steps!! :rave:
    Thanks a bunch!

ReputationRep:
    Day 1

As I mentioned in the initial post, today has been my first full day as part of TeamTSR. I may not walk as much as some people but it feels great to be part of a community; nothing like a bit of team spirit!
    But how did I get on? Read on to find out...

Morning:
    I did ten minutes of step-up aerobics before I left for school, courtesy of the Wii Fit (I know, it's a decade old and a bit old-school). But hey, it gets me active do it does have its perks! Can't remember how many steps I gained from that exactly, but it was 900-something. I walked the 2 miles journey to school as I do every morning (there is a school bus, which I use to go home. In the mornings I walk, in all weather conditions.) It was snowing a bit but no weather stops me from walking, even though I do leave ridiculously early for the journey.

Afternoon:
    I usually take the school bus back home, but occasionally I walk home when I have no remaining lessons. Go figure, that's exactly what I did today! I had a study period fifth so I left straight after my Business lesson and walked the 2 miles back. The air was veeeeeeery, very chilly...like, icy chilly. Stung my ears a bit. As I passed my dad's, I quickly glanced at the Sport Relief app and found out I had accumulated at least 6000 steps. I never realised how many I gained from walking to school and to lessons every day. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised!
    I also did half hour of step-ups when I got back, thanks to the Wii Fit.

Name:  IMG_20180228_162212-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  39.0 KB

I had slightly more steps than this but the sensor wouldn't detect them all. :L
    Nonetheless, this is still a pretty good number! It wasn't the target which was set for me but still better than nothing.
    I also stupidly attempted to lift some weights as I did my step-ups. I'm pretty weak though so only managed a few minutes. :laugh:

Name:  IMG_20180228_152556-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  104.9 KB

Was also gonna post an Evening section but I don't see myself doing any more physical activity so without further ado, let's admire my grand total!

Name:  Screenshot_20180228-191609-compressed.png.jpeg
Size:  48.1 KB

I'm honestly chuffed to bits with this! I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of steps I manage to fit in without even realising. Not bad for my first day!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just took the dog for a walk to the corner shop so thought I'd post a cheekily brief update.

Name:  IMG_20180228_195551-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  17.1 KB

It's quite dark outside so don't know if that photo is clear. She's off-lead (in case you can't make out her figure). She does have a lead which my brother uses regularly for her walks, but I trust her off-lead when I go to the shop. She usually barks at everyone and everything to walk past our house, but she's actually quite good off-lead.

So yeah, today's total is now this:

Name:  Screenshot_20180228-200348-compressed.png.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  47.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Day 2

Name:  IMG_20180301_151952-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  85.3 KB

Despite not having much snow in my area, all schools in the council district were cancelled today. I guess it's just as well as we do have minus temperatures and a whole lot of wind! That means I had no 2 mile walk to school this morning and no morning steps.
    Regardless, here's a short Afternoon update!

I went for a walk and did a circuit around my village. No weather is going to stop me from partaking in the challenge.
    For me, it wasn't as cold as it was yesterday but the wind is howling! The air is also still chilly so it warranted me to put my hood up over my hat.

Name:  IMG_20180301_153424-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  91.8 KB

As I walked up the path pictured, I was greeted by a gust of wind that blew my hood down and pushed me sideways. I had two more on the way back up and one kept trying to push my backwards. Needless to say I'm gonna treat myself to some hot chocolate and cuddles with the dog now I'm back.

Name:  IMG_20180301_155115-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  104.1 KB

I also did another half hour of Wii Fit step-ups before I went. Again, the sensor didn't detect all of them but I did beat yesterday's target.

Name:  IMG_20180301_151229-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  58.7 KB

Here is today's total so far:

Name:  Screenshot_20180301-155600-compressed.png.jpeg
Size:  45.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    To increase my step count, I went on the Wii Fit to do some aerobic exercises (which weren't step-ups). Instead, I chose to do some jogging. Unfortunately, the Wii Fit doesn't let us jog very fast which stops me from actually jogging properly. Therefore my burn rate was only 43%. But at least it increased my steps!

Name:  IMG_20180301_204924-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  35.5 KB

I also did some rhythm boxing. My brother and I are kinda competing against each other (we're both competitive and we keep beating each other's scores). I'm not quite good enough at boxing to beat him at that yet, but I am getting better at it.

Name:  IMG_20180301_213453-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  43.8 KB

That's the last bit of exercise for today, so let's admire today's total:

Name:  Screenshot_20180301-214539-compressed.png.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  45.7 KB

Nowhere near yesterday's but considering I didn't have my morning walk to school, I'm pretty pleased with these. It's the weekends when I get really lazy and spend most the day in my room so... that's when I'm probably gonna get sloppy.

ReputationRep:
    Day 3

It kinda feels like I'm just rambling to myself with this blog. But I'm not gonna let that stop me! After all, I'm participating to increase my steps and get fitted (and for Sport Relief, of course) so a lack of replies isn't going to prevent me from exercising.

Name:  IMG_20180302_171322-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  46.5 KB

Since my walk yesterday, we've had more snow accompanied by a pretty much constant wind/blizzard. Weather like this makes me so glad I'm not homeless! Anyway, needless to say school was cancelled so again, no morning steps. I haven't bothered leaving the house today as it looks too cold.

Name:  IMG_20180302_145349-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  30.6 KB

Haven't done any step ups or jogging as of yet, but I am exercising in between! I did some more rhythm boxing and finally beat my brother's score (twice in a row too!)

Name:  IMG_20180302_160240-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20180302_161641-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  62.8 KB

I'm gonna be doing some more stuff on the Wii Fit soon which will probably include step-ups (and maybe jogging). I know I said in my OP that I don't walk as much as other people but participating in this challenge has made me realise that actually, I may walk an average amount per day! I knew 2 miles to school each morning was quite a distance but I didn't realise how many steps I actually take to complete the daily walk! And considering I spend most of my day in the common room, the fact I had about 6000 steps before I got home on Wednesday just tells me I walk more than I initially realised.
    Anyway, time's kicking and it's about time I did some actual steps now, so I'll update later.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    PRSOM! Subbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    PRSOM! Subbing
    Thank you so much! Means a lot.

ReputationRep:
    An update for the rest of the day:

Following earlier's brief posting, I did some more step-ups as promised. I had my phone in my pocket as usual, but for some reason, these steps weren't counted on the app. That's 30 minutes worth of steps out of the window, but at least I've kept myself physically active. Cba for jogging so I left it at that.

Name:  IMG_20180302_180227-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  45.3 KB

The app may not have counted these but at least I had a higher total than yesterday.
    The only other exercise I've had for today is a trip to the corner shop. I took Buffy (our border collie) with me and she loved the snow! She was frolicking in it. I'd have loved to take a photo but she never stays still for them...and she ran miles ahead of me and I couldn't catch up because I was stumbling in the snow.

Name:  IMG_20180302_194112-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  23.7 KB

We have huge heaps of snow from yesterday's constant blizzard which made walking very difficult. Some snow went up higher than my ankles. It's about time we've had so much, I reckon. I love snow and find it so beautiful to look at. I do sympathise for the homeless, though.

Attachment 728724

Today's total is even less again. I guess it's better than none at all, though. Hopefully I'll compensate for it tomorrow!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Know Your Enemy)
    Thank you so much! Means a lot.
    Loving all of the photos you've included

That snow! :eek: I've found it hard to walk in the snow but looks like you've got a lot more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Loving all of the photos you've included

That snow! :eek: I've found it hard to walk in the snow but looks like you've got a lot more!
    Haha, thanks. Glad to know I'm not just posting updates and rambling to myself in the process.

We haven't got that much snow out the front but the pavements and roads are still covered by the looks (don't know exactly as I haven't been outside). We still have this in the back garden, though.

Name:  image-5baccadd-3281-4030-ac60-fe99962ee8d94050052721377377437-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  48.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    There's so much snow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    There's so much snow!!
    Tell me about it. :laugh: Starting to rain a bit now, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Know Your Enemy)
    Tell me about it. :laugh: Starting to rain a bit now, though.
    Aw.. rain's not that bad

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20180303_165957-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  45.1 KB

Wouldn't let me take a photo in the snow. But I suppose it's very cold for her tummy considering how deep some of it is.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me saying so your dog is adorable - does she like the snow? my dog loves to play in it which is a little odd cause she hates getting wet if it's raining.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.