King Ability
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
state how you agree or disagree with the following statement. *A good circuit cannot have internal resistance*
MrBooflePants
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not well read on the subject but I'm guessing they want you to explain what internal resistance is and compare with different functions. From what I understand circuits for appliances such as automatic lights need a lot of internal resistance for the LDR to efficiently work whereas circuits that are just carrying charge to be used by other appliances need as low internal resistance as possible for it to be efficient. Again I am not well informed on the subject so you its probably best you check with someone else
King Ability
Rep:
?
ok thank you for your contribution. thanks alot
phys981
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
'Good' is not a very helpful choice of word here.
King Ability
Rep:
?
which word do you suggest to be helpful????? because what I know is ,circuit can be bad or good after the connectivity
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by King Ability)
which word do you suggest to be helpful????? because what I know is ,circuit can be bad or good after the connectivity
Well internal resistance is unavoidable... yet we can allow for it and make circuits that work and are acceptable... so that's good.

but if reducing internal resistance in a power supply or battery is achievable and cheap enough it'd usually be a 'good' thing to do.

question seems more like it's calling for a philosophical discussion of 'goodness' rather than having a right/wrong answer tbh.
King Ability
Rep:
?
ok
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For a circut to experience internal resistance it is dependent on the type we are dealing with and we know that there can not be circuit which is 100% perfect which means there can't also be a 100% good circut either so therefore whether a circut is good or bad it will still experience some form of internal resistance
Last edited by 10852632; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads