Turn on thread page Beta

Am I Fat? Please help me with losing weight watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a 15 year old in year 10 of high school, i weigh 168 lbs at a height of 5'4 I have a cup size of 36E and I wear size 14 clothes. My weight distributes through my body like my breasts ect however I'm getting a belly and want to remove it any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    If you're living with your parents it's possible that you don't have control of your diet, so you'll just have to burn more calories. Walking to and from school? Riding a bike (or learning how to)? Or just doing better at PE?

ReputationRep:
    body fluctuates a lot at that age so I wouldn't worry too much about slight changes
    but in weight loss the important thing is healthy diet and regular exercise (aim for 60 minutes activity a day, including walking etc)
    try to cut out unnecessary snacking, as well as foods like crisps and chips (everything is ok every now and then) and instead experiment with cooking your own meals.
    if you're trying to fight the belly, aim for core exercises like planking or bicycle crunches or even some yoga moves
    I'm no health expert but this is all I can recommend! make sure you listen to your body and don't push it too far, and remember sometimes you bloat after meals or during certain times of the month so don't put too much weight on this one observation
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Although of course everyone is different, I would highly recommend watching a documentary such as What the Health, as this can totally change the way you see food. Eating for your health makes such a difference and since transitioning the weight has just dropped off me. Also ensuring that the changes you make are sustainable, so changing habits gradually can help the change be more permanent rather than yoyo-ing which is something I did for years. Hope this helps xx

(Original post by kasiwhite)
    I am a 15 year old in year 10 of high school, i weigh 168 lbs at a height of 5'4 I have a cup size of 36E and I wear size 14 clothes. My weight distributes through my body like my breasts ect however I'm getting a belly and want to remove it any ideas?
    Eat less, exercise more?

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell from description you could just be very hench

ReputationRep:
    Eat less, move more, if you're looking to lose weight. Make healthy choices where you can (for the meals and snacks you can control in the case of living at home).

Also, when it comes to measuring one's health and fitness, you'll find that weight isn't the most important factor - crack heads are very lean and likely have 6 pack abs, but does this make them fit and healthy? Not at all.

Trust, first and foremost what you see in the mirror and how you feel in your body.

You got this.

ReputationRep:
    Eat healthy. I'm sure as u grow you'll end up losing that weight, I lost loads when I started 6th from so did my brother lol.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Do the IIFYM lifestyle (If it fits your macros). It's honestly the best lifestyle change I ever made. Download My Fitness Pal and track your macros, the only way you're going to lose weight properly and accurately is if you put yourself in a calorie deficit. Use a calorie calculator online to see how much you can eat and still lose weight, it's really that simple lol. 'Eating healthy' is great and all but unless you're tracking you don't actually know how much you're eating to lose weight and instead you can still gain weight or just maintain. For example, 1500 calories of 'healthy' food is the same as 1500 calories of chocolate and I'm going to lose the exact same amount of weight with both of them because my body is in the same calorie deficit. Please don't listen to the noobs who just suggest eating less or eating 'clean' because accuracy works best.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.