Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I wanted to write this post because of what I've noticed in threads on here.

The harmless trolling is not an issue, as long as its kept to that and doesn't become more, an example of which being less-than-friendly commentary, and even insults.

Most people on here are pretty good about keeping it friendly. I myself must admit that I have been fairly rude to a couple of people, and I don't feel good about it.

One person (kept anonymous) posts regular threads about their looks and inability to get a girlfriend. I, plus many other tsr users, have not been kind to this person, jokingly or not. I must admit to enjoying trolling, but what I am concerned about is decidedly more serious.

Some users, myself included, occasionally post comments which strike me as somewhat less than friendly. These comments can be hurtful, and regardless of how thick someones skin might be, should never be posted unless the person posting them can make it clear that its a joke. Really, we should all refrain from posting inflammatory comments at all.

I would like to apologize for my comments which were insensitive and rude and make it clear that I have zero tolerance for internet aggression. I admit to not thinking at times, and I work hard to make sure I don't make the same mistakes. Those comments are not reflective of how I am as a person.

Please can we take into consideration, the possibility of adjusting how we respond to things, and perhaps try to make people feel more welcome on here, rather than always taking the p*** out of them.

Thank you for reading this and I hope at the very least that someone on here will make a difference, as I am, and begin to treat each other with respect.

Thank you,
    GetMeOffMyPhone

ReputationRep:
    You're cringe. Jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    You're cringe. Jokes.
    I know. so are you. Jokes.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, GetOffYourPhone.

ReputationRep:
    Rightio.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anonymous isn't one person

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.