Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First day of placement - issue with a teacher? watch

I am not happy at all. Not happy with how she spoke to other kids either - it was like she was ruining all their fun. I understand discipline when it is appropriate but no. I now know why my sister HATES going to school, we have to force her.

I spoke to the teacher my sister loves at the end and she sort of couldn't say much as obviously, she must remain professional but she was an inkling that I was right ... even managed to accidentally slip in a swear word. Oops.

Should I press this forward or let my mum deal with it? Because there's no way in hell that I will allow that teacher to talk to my sister, or any other child the way she did.

Ugh, full essay did not upload.

Basically, went to my sister's school for the first time and the teacher was nasty. Constantly shouting at my sister when she clearly wanted me - saying stuff like 'I am going to ignore you' when she was full on weeping for me. Bless my sister Even told me not to work on the days my sister comes in... uh, that's not her issue. Also, she really shouted at my baby when she wanted to go to the loo.. so bad that my sister ran back into my arms and started to cry. SHE HATES and gets so scared of people shouting - even if it's not at her. My sister is only 3. Just turned.

I don't think it was ideal for her to single her out at some points to say that 'just because your sister is here, you have to be with her, she's here with everyone, blah blah'.

ReputationRep:
    How long are you there? You could mention it to the teacher's boss. Also let your mum know so she can express that she isn't happy.

ReputationRep:
    This is nursery school, right, if your sister is only 3? Considering it's only your first day, I'd watch the teacher involved and see if her behaviour continues - not saying it's ever okay to be cruel to a child under your care but you need as much evidence as possible. Then speak to your mum, tell her what you've witnessed and urge her to address the situation.

(Original post by doodle_333)
    How long are you there? You could mention it to the teacher's boss. Also let your mum know so she can express that she isn't happy.
    I will be there three months every Tuesday and once Uni is over in May, I will be there until the end of the year so... a good while.

I told my mum, and she wasn't happy at all. My sister is our queen. Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I will be there three months every Tuesday and once Uni is over in May, I will be there until the end of the year so... a good while.

I told my mum, and she wasn't happy at all. My sister is our queen. Honestly.
    hopefully your mum will deal with it then, it could make your placement more difficult is all I was thinking... but the children's welfare should come first

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.