Failing A-Levels is it too late to turn it around? Watch

nat1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So I had my February mocks and got the results today. So far, U grades in all my subjects. I take English Language, History and Psychology. I am really gutted and feel like my revision didn’t pay off as the technique wasn’t particularly effective.
Does anyone have any really good revision techniques for these A-Level subjects? Would be eternally grateful🙂. Also, is it too late for me to turn these grades around. In the June exams I’d love at least three Cs even though I was aiming for As and Bs about 6 months ago 😔
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by nat1999)
So I had my February mocks and got the results today. So far, U grades in all my subjects. I take English Language, History and Psychology. I am really gutted and feel like my revision didn’t pay off as the technique wasn’t particularly effective.
Does anyone have any really good revision techniques for these A-Level subjects? Would be eternally grateful🙂. Also, is it too late for me to turn these grades around. In the June exams I’d love at least three Cs even though I was aiming for As and Bs about 6 months ago 😔
Nope its not too late, but really you have to get your backside into gear.

1. Get feedback and understand how or why you failed.
2. Make a timetable to do as much revision as you can before the exams.
3. Master the material- read and understand plus make a set of revision notes. the nots should be condensed and probably 20% the size of your main notes. Timelines, mind maps, videos , revision books all help,

http://mrbruff.com/product/mr-bruffs...lish-language/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLcv...a6e9UKuq2FA1iS

4. Get exam papers and start doing questions. 6 weeks before

Untimed plus books
Timed plus books
Untimed no books
Timed and no books i.e exam conditions.

Use mark schemes and your revision books to id where you lost marks and remember for next time.

Your revision timetable must keep control of your tasks and you need to be consistent.

Worry less but focus on improving for extra marks. Cry and be scared after, but no time at the moment. You can rescue them, but you have to get on track.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?