Turn on thread page Beta

best cameras??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking into getting into event photography. Theatre shows, concerts, conventions etc. I currently do the photography for the performing arts department at my college but I borrow my college camera because my own is just a bridge camera and its far too slow. I can't afford one the same as my college's so do any of the photography folks here have any recommendations for good cameras that are affordable?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SincerelyMe)
    I'm looking into getting into event photography. Theatre shows, concerts, conventions etc. I currently do the photography for the performing arts department at my college but I borrow my college camera because my own is just a bridge camera and its far too slow. I can't afford one the same as my college's so do any of the photography folks here have any recommendations for good cameras that are affordable?
    What's your budget?

ReputationRep:
    ideally £200 or less

ReputationRep:
    Are you looking for an SLR camera, a mirror-less, or just a compact point and shoot?

Also, why is this in Advice on everyday issues? You will get better responses if you post it in Electronics.

ReputationRep:
    Nikon D3300 is a good starter DSLR. It’s a little above £200 but would definitely recommend it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ideally £200 or less
    Gofre should be able to help you out with this, his knowledge about cameras is far better than mine.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Technology and computers forum.

ReputationRep:
    ideally £200 or less
    Your best bet is going to be picking up a used Nikon D3100 or D3200 kit from eBay or dedicated resale sites like MPB.com (I personally buy all my used gear from them). Nothing you can buy new for £200 will be as good as a DSLR from the last decade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turquaz)
    Are you looking for an SLR camera, a mirror-less, or just a compact point and shoot?

Also, why is this in Advice on everyday issues? You will get better responses if you post it in Electronics.
    I must have completely missed that as an option to even post under omg. Thanks for pointing that out though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Gofre should be able to help you out with this, his knowledge about cameras is far better than mine.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Technology and computers forum.
    Thank you! I'm guessing I just missed that option when I was posting

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.