Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm about half way through my dissertation and want to get started on the main body of my project but my supervisor doesn't get back to me regarding meetings and my first one was not until week 3 (I have to attend 5 minimum to even pass). I understand they are busy but even an email to tell me this would be helpful as I am stuck on where to go next. Should I talk to the course convenor about this or just email my supervisor again? I thought we were getting somewhere the other day as they told me what days they were free but once I replied I got nothing back? I'm just starting to worry a little as it has now been 1/2 weeks wasted as I need feedback to move forward. I also had a draft submission the other week and he told me in the first meeting to send him it first to go over it and I did and I didn't get any feedback or even a reply. I don't know what to do from here but I need to do something as time is ticking.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ens4321)
    Hi!

I'm about half way through my dissertation and want to get started on the main body of my project but my supervisor doesn't get back to me regarding meetings and my first one was not until week 3 (I have to attend 5 minimum to even pass). I understand they are busy but even an email to tell me this would be helpful as I am stuck on where to go next. Should I talk to the course convenor about this or just email my supervisor again? I thought we were getting somewhere the other day as they told me what days they were free but once I replied I got nothing back? I'm just starting to worry a little as it has now been 1/2 weeks wasted as I need feedback to move forward. I also had a draft submission the other week and he told me in the first meeting to send him it first to go over it and I did and I didn't get any feedback or even a reply. I don't know what to do from here but I need to do something as time is ticking.

How many emails have you sent and how long has it been. A week to a week and a half is normal response time. If you aren't getting anywhere talk to your course leader and see what they suggest.

ReputationRep:
    Some supervisors are like this with their students. I would send another email if it's been over a week and say you're a bit worried as you need feedback to continue, can she give any indication when she'll have some time. If you don't get anything then contact the program organiser. But start preparing to be a bit more independent.

ReputationRep:
    Go to their office hour and speak to them about it.

ReputationRep:
    E-mails are a terrible way to communicate with your lecturers.

Don't you have a regular time to meet with them face to face or by phone?

Or don't they have office hours where students are allowed to come and see them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ens4321)
    Hi!

Did you select your supervisor or were they selected for you?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.