Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 9 and I want to get all A*s in GCSE (i not even smart i just wan try lol )
    I heard that my GCSE predictions will be given to me at the start of year 10 and they will be like based off my year 6 SATs results?? whaT!!
    I did really average in my SATs but I also heard it's (maybe) based off the MidYIS test and I did amazing in that lol.
    What will my GCSE predictions actually be based off? And I've started my GCSE maths and Spanish course and I'm working at level 6 in maths and level 7 in Spanish so will that stay my prediction grade and just get harder to achieve or will my grades just improve..
    help lol

ReputationRep:
    When I done my GCSE exams last year our predictions were based off how well we had done in previous exams (based off our KS3 exams mocks). But I wouldn’t focus on predictions too much as I was predicted Ds and Cs in all my subjects at the start of year 10 and managed to get all A’s in my exams. I would set yourself as aspirational target and aim to get as close as you possibly can to achieving that rather then focusing on predictions as it is very difficult to predict an accurate grade as a lot can change in 2 years 😊- not sure if this answers your question but hope it helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing my GCSE's and i was predicted A's and B's but i am getting really average and this is purely because of no revision, the simple fact is yes to a certain extent the intelligence level of the individual matters but the main factor in success is revision so if you want high grades just make sure to put the work in

ReputationRep:
    You care too much about predictions . Predictions don't mean anything unless you allow it to define you.

ReputationRep:
    Rofl

ReputationRep:
    I like how some year 9s are paranoid about GCSEs despite it being 2 years away. Just enjoy your life lol. People start revising like 2 months before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhyper22)
    I like how some year 9s are paranoid about GCSEs despite it being 2 years away. Just enjoy your life lol. People start revising like 2 months before.
    i didnt even care about gcse's until my mates told me about revision youtubers lmaoo

ReputationRep:
    gcse predictions don't matter, you could be predicted an A* but if you don't put the effort in then you're unlikely to get the grade. just do well in your tests and you should be fine at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    no matter what grade u are predicted, try hard, ask for extra work. if u want that a*, then omfg get that damn a*. predictions dont matter. im doing my a levels now and my teacher is predicting me an e bc i dont do hw and class work but im getting c's and b's in exams soooooo....

ReputationRep:
    thanks lads lol im going to strive to get all A*s/ 8s&9s and if my predictions say that I'll get like 7s then ill ignore xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    gcse predictions don't matter, you could be predicted an A* but if you don't put the effort in then you're unlikely to get the grade. just do well in your tests and you should be fine at this stage.
    Predictions DOES matter as it gets you a place in a college and your course you wish to do. Without having good predictions enough to get into the course you won't get a place.

ReputationRep:
    My gces prediction are so bad like all 4 so I had work so hard to get them 6s and try and aim for 7s but I think my biggest concern was the set as they determine what paper your going to do .

ReputationRep:
    Never trusted predictions, no matter how much my teachers boasted, "Uhh I never get predictions wrong for students" - that there is a statement full of cr*p.
    I was predicted mostly Bs and Cs, a D and all As in science, which was laughably incorrect because I did much much better than that.

Just do a ton of practice papers, youtube has tons of videos if you need visual and auditory help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got KoolAid)
    Predictions DOES matter as it gets you a place in a college and your course you wish to do. Without having good predictions enough to get into the course you won't get a place.
    your year 11 mocks matter, not year 9 ones. and things can change in results day.

ReputationRep:
    im still shook because i want to be predicted good grades but in my sats i got 5s in english and science and a 6 in maths

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.