The Student Room Group

Anyone still play Runescape?

I do. If you wanna go on a quest together hmu.
Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about Runescape... those were the days :moon:
whatscape ?

:redface:
Yes, a lot of people still do. It's a MMORPG classic :smile: They've actually made an 'old-school' Runescape for those nostalgic veterans :redface:

Also I think what drove a lot of people to quit is how toxic the online community have become. Be careful of the scammers on there. It's a shame, really.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah, just got 99 Agi/Herb/Thiev in DXP last weekend :tongue:

Also the quests which previously required two players have been changed and have a single player route now (to my knowledge the only relevant ones were Shield of Arrav/Heroes/Legends quests, although that said I've not actually finished legends yet because I'm lazy).

I should probably find someone(s) to do RotS/AoD with tho...also dungeoneering which I've been avoiding since getting 101 :x

On an unrelated note, OSRS isn't actually...that old school. It's basically diverged as a separate game, using the legacy graphics and controls but with new/different content to RS3 (the "current" RS). All sorts of weird **** like necromancy, dust/mist/smoke battlestaves, and various other things...ultimately neither is the same as what "old school" runescape was, whether you play OSRS or play RS3 in legacy (there are legacy only worlds as well, although very few people play on them - I get the impression OSRS has a reasonable player base tho).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Yeah I only play the old school servers for that extra nostalgia seasoning hahaha. I definitely agree that back in the day it just got so toxic and full of scammers that it was near impossible to enjoy playing it, it's waaaay more chilled out now.
I haven't played it for a number of years. Along with TSR, I believe Runescape is/was the most compelling website I have ever experienced.

OSRS, yes. RuneScape 3 is a festering, micro-transaction fueled garbage fire.
Reply 8
Original post by esralled
OSRS, yes. RuneScape 3 is a festering, micro-transaction fueled garbage fire.

Still haven't played on RS3, why does it get so much hate?
since EoC update, no

don't play but still watch videos from A friend, returnofwilderness, woox16 etc..

played a few pservers here and there
Not anymore, I stopped in 2012, but I do like to follow the deadman mode tournaments because they are entertaining.
Man, that game was amazing.
Original post by solw
Still haven't played on RS3, why does it get so much hate?

It's harder to get level 60 in OSRS than level 120 in RS3. The game is too easy, unfriendly to players returning after a long period of time, and riddled with pop-up windows. After logging in, before even beginning to play the game, you have to navigate through mini-""games"" that let you win in-game items or XP, up to 200m GP or (I believe) 1m XP. Of course, you can buy extra "chances" to win these items.

RS3 simply isn't fun if you're not dropping £50 on keys every other week.
Honestly, been watning to play again for last few days i dont know why haha

Quick Reply

Latest