Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Any techniques for English revision? Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hellohellothere
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
english lit - download lit charts, (it has like every piece of literature in it trusttt meee) and highlight any thing you have missed out on. for english lit u need to have 'higher thinking' and link everything together. look at some past/specimen papers and write down every quote to do with the question. also see how they are phrased. I did edexcel and saw that the part b q's were easier to answer if i just quoted things that represented themes. write down all quotes that are relevant and colour code depending on character/theme etc. make links in book, e.g. i had page references for nearly every quote in my dr jekyll & mr hyde book bc there was so many connections within one quote and the rest of the book. Poetry... just memorise poems with friends, we did a quiz kinda like pictionary where we had to draw out a quote and if u got it right you had to say the poem and do a quick analysis otherwise your out for 1 round

thats all my tips idk
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (769)
90.36%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (82)
9.64%

Watched Threads