Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a while until I move in September but I like to be prepared in advance. I'm quite nervous about moving away from home, and I want to make my room in Halls as comfortable as possible. I plan on buying a cactus and printing photos of my family, friends and pets. I've seen a lot of room tours where they use fairy lights but I don't want to use fairy lights, is there any other way to make the room really cosy? If you live or have lived in Halls, how did you make the room more comfortable and cosy?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I took my slippers, they made me feel really cosy. You've prepared what I would of said by having pictures of your family, that is my big go to. Also prepare to buy a mattress topper, my mattress wasn't the comfiest but my topper has made it wonderful. Good luck in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citkat)
    I took my slippers, they made me feel really cosy. You've prepared what I would of said by having pictures of your family, that is my big go to. Also prepare to buy a mattress topper, my mattress wasn't the comfiest but my topper has made it wonderful. Good luck in September!
    Thank you! I plan on buying some decent slippers before I go, and I'll have a good look at mattress toppers. I'm also planning on taking my fleecy unicorn blanket
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    If you're not taking fairy lights, consider taking an extra bedside table lamp or lights! The lighting in halls can sometimes be a bit dull, even with an added desk lamp, especially if your accommodation is facing, say, another building rather than in a very sunlit-area! I think that's why fairy lights are used so often; they can really brighten your mood.

ReputationRep:
    When you first move into halls you might feel a bit homesick, after all it's a big change moving from the family home into a flat that usually contains strangers. That's why it's important to make your room your own so that you can have a space that feels more like home. I personally took a load of pictures of me and my friends and pinned them all up on the wall. I also took a big fleecy blanket that I have on my bed just to make it a bit more homely. I have a picture of me and my family and then some separate pictures of family members e.g. my grandma and grandad on holiday together. I took my lightbox from home and change what it says quite often and I also took my speaker because music can make your room have a whole different atmosphere. Take whatever reminds you of home because if you're having a bit of a *****y day it's good to look at them and know that it won't be long before the next time you can go home.

ReputationRep:
    I found putting cushions and blankets on my bed really helped! I also moved my bed into the corner so I could have more floor space, and then a couple months into uni I purchased a colourful rug. It all made the room a bit more my own!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.