Can I do the GCSE if I'm 17 years old? And where can I do them?

Watch this thread
Jenniffeeeeer
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I arrived in london with 16 years old in year 11, but I started studying at the end of the course when there was only 1 month left to finish year 11, I did not take any exams because I arrived too late.

I understand that GCSEs are usually done in year 11 and 12.

I am currently in year 12 now Im 17 years old , I would like to do GCSE but I do not know how and where I can do them. I think I'm doing "functional skills Level 1".

Can someone explain to me how I can do the GSCE !! ??
Unique AC
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jenniffeeeeer)
I arrived in london with 16 years old in year 11, but I started studying at the end of the course when there was only 1 month left to finish year 11, I did not take any exams because I arrived too late.

I am currently in year 12 now Im 17 years old , I would like to do GCSE but I do not know how and where I can do them. I think I'm doing "functional skills Level 1".

You can apply to college. They do GCSE's there.
username3755000
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
GCSEs are usually done at the end of year 11.

You should apply to a college and do your GCSEs there, I would heavily consider doing Maths, English Literature and Language and maybe a science or a humanity that you enjoy
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jenniffeeeeer)

Its surprising that you are not 100% certain what you are studying at the moment. Level 1 qualifications are below the level required for a pass at GCSE. If you are studying functional skills in a college you should talk to them about what higher level qualifications, including GCSE, that you can study next year.
Jenniffeeeeer
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 32894075890234)
GCSEs are usually done at the end of year 11.

You should apply to a college and do your GCSEs there, I would heavily consider doing Maths, English Literature and Language and maybe a science or a humanity that you enjoy
Thank you so much !! I will enjoy science and maths!
Shafi-sticated
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
My brother is having the same problem. And the subjects u heavily recommended are the only subject the colleges offer (if they do). Are there any flexibility or options where i can maybe study GCSEs feom business background?
Minahil Kiran
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I recently came from pakistan. I want study higher education. I am 17 years old. I want to study GCSEs. For higher study please help me. Its my dreame to become a doctor. I am a very like student in pakistan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads