Turn on thread page Beta

Advanced Higher Course Choice watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m in S5 so will be doing my course choice for S6 very soon. I want to study French and Spanish at university (I’m considering Oxbridge, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc) and I’m really conflicted about which subjects to take. I’m definitely doing French and Spanish at Advanced Higher and I need one more. My subjects are French, Spanish, Maths, English, Chemistry and Music. I emailed a few unis and they said they don’t mind because they only care about the languages but I’d like some advice on this. All my prelims were good so I can hopefully take any of them. English is the only one I will definitely not take because I’m really not enjoying the Higher. Any ideas appreciated!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would reconsider English, it would be the best one to take for your uni choices. If you're definitely not taking English AH, Maths AH shows that you're good at problem solving and whatnot, so Maths over Chemistry and Music. Also, make sure to look at Oxbridge requirements since they require the advanced highers whereas the scottish unis don't.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.