Turn on thread page Beta

former a level teacher sent me his address on facebook, what to do ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suggested meeting in the staff room, and he said I would have to come as a external guests that requires a lot of paperwork and a DBS check.
    That's nonsense. Schools and colleges have visitors all the time. For our school I just notify the office via email so they know to expect the visitor. If they don't have a DBS I have to accompany them on site, which is not an issue. We regularly have parents in, without any extra paperwork. Sounds a lot like an excuse to me.

ReputationRep:
    So 1 of my friends, said she ignored the message
    second one said she met him at starbucks and he was being really awkward and kept trying to touch her arm and hair and then asked her if she wanted to go for a drink later.

I suggested meeting in the staff room, and he said I would have to come as a external guests that requires a lot of paperwork and a DBS check.
    This is definitely ringing alarm bells now
    Please please don't go and see him. He is quite clearly a creep, trying his luck on ex-students. I'm guessing that he's waiting for one of you to fall for it and go directly to his house. The excuses he's making are also quite clearly fake.

I would email your college in all honesty, and ask if they are aware of his behaviour. If anything, they'll give him a warning, and he won't need to bother you again. I would save some screenshots of your conversations, and send them along as well. In the case that it becomes a serious matter, they would make good evidence

ReputationRep:
    It's not that he's your ex-teacher that's the problem, as you've left school and are legally allowed to do what you want, it's how he's acted around these other girls. It sounds like he's made up this story in order to get you alone at his house - there's no reason why he can't have just emailed you the work to look over if he genuinely wanted your opinion on it. I'd suggest contacting the school and telling them about his behaviour, get the other girls to come forward too if they feel comfortable doing so. There's nothing to say he won't keep trying with other girls, perhaps ones that are younger or more impressionable.

Whatever happens, do not meet up with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got KoolAid)
    Just out of curiosity is that you in your profile picture?
    rah, my guy thirsty asf

ReputationRep:
    Considering ur situation; If I was in ur situation i would rather call him on skype or something else and discuss the issues and record the whole video and if he has something bad in his mind going on i would have a proof and might report him

But just to be on the safe site and like everyone is saying meet him at the busiest cafe in ur town/city so it would be safer

ReputationRep:
    My old economics A Level teacher from last year added me on facebook. I didnt think anything of it.

He sent me a message, asking how I was settling in at university and finding the course etc.

He then asked if when I am back in town, he could run a few pages of his ucas applications guidebook past me, I said sure and am happy to take a look.

He gave me his number and I gave him mine.

I thought, he was going to invite me to come to college or something. Instead he texted me his home address ?

What does this mean ? Has he got the wrong idea?
    He's going a bit too far when it comes to helping you out.

Tell him you wanna meet at some cafe.
    Take a friend with you as well.

If you wanna go down to his crib, it's up to you - but the way i see it that this old geezer is thirsty and is using bait to attract the prey in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.