Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you have problems with student finance funding and you not eligible and later couple of months later you apply for a new course at a new university , can you be able to get funding so you can apply for student finance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lizbe93)
    If you have problems with student finance funding and you not eligible and later couple of months later you apply for a new course at a new university , can you be able to get funding so you can apply for student finance
    Hi Lizbe93,

In order to help you better, can I ask for what reason were you advised that you were ineligible for support?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    There was a time that I left my mums house during my study for some time and after I returned to live with her as I am a child of a migrant worker. I live with my mum now and I was wondering will I get funding if I decided to go change my course and and apply for another university will I be qualified for funding as I will not live my mums house till i get a degree
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lizbe93)
    There was a time that I left my mums house during my study for some time and after I returned to live with her as I am a child of a migrant worker. I live with my mum now and I was wondering will I get funding if I decided to go change my course and and apply for another university will I be qualified for funding as I will not live my mums house till i get a degree
    Hi Lizbe93,

To be eligible to apply as the child of a Migrant Worker you will need to fit the following criteria.

• EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)
    • Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
    • Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
    • This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

We will also require you to send evidence.

Employed
    • The students original Passport or National ID Card
    • The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card
    • Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)
    • A photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
    • If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card
    • If the student is not an EU/EEA National we will need to see Home Office Visas to cover the entire UK residency period
    • A copy of the parent or step parents contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. We will also need a letter from the employer confirming the contract accurately represents the hours and terms of which they work if this is not confirmed on their contract of employment or if they are on a zero hour contract. This letter needs to be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer)
    • The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
    • The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
    • Termly evidence

Self Employed
    • The students original Passport or National ID Card
    • The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card
    • Croatian Nationals Only - Migrant Worker’s Permit (yellow/blue or purple card)
    • A photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
    • If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card
    • If the student is not an EU/EEA National we will need to see Home Office Visas to cover the entire UK residency period
    • Evidence that the parent or step parent is registered self employed with HMRC (can accept UTR letter)
    • The parent or step parents last 3 months invoices and corresponding bank statements (if available)
    • The parent or step parents last 3 months business expenditure (if available)
    • The parent or step parents most recent tax return (if available)
    • Termly evidence

Thanks

Catherine

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.